• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Educate me on drones.....

A set up like mine cost about $1100 but the good thing about it is is very stable in wind and can go up to 500 meters in the air and depending on the weather and the antennas that you have you can get about 2 miles on a clear day. I also upgraded to a carbon fiber propellers and it uses his own camera on a gimble set up with the option to have a 4k camera put on it. Very easy to fly and it'll hover about four feet off the ground when you start it up.

That is absolutely freaking awesome. I don't have that money these days for something like that, but I would love to have that setup.

Got any good videos to post?

I will put some up tomorrow and show you guys some highlights. DJI sometimes has some awesome deals. A few days ago they had the phantom 3 standard on sale for $399.

I posted something similar about a year ago and got some really good advice by a number of members.
Best advice was to purchase RF Drone Flight Simulator.
Cost about $100 but possibly prevented me from crashing my $900 drone.
Best advice I could give you is to go slow and master each and every move before you plunge your drone into a house, tree, or electrical wires. etc

Could be a dumb question but what's the difference in the standard and advanced Phantom? And my uncle got an ar drone for Christmas and it operates off a cell phone but I didn't care for using the phone as a controllers. But his did fly for 10ish minutes vs the one we got for my daughter.

I have been looking and reading up on both the 3 and the 4. Both will return upon command, out of range, and low battery level. The main difference I can tell with the 4 over the 3 is, a 4 will avoid a structure in its path.

Don't the make a Phantom 3 advanced and a Phantom 3 standard? What's the difference in the advanced and standard since they're but a Phantom 3.

Check out my post history. Just sold what I would consider a good starting set with potential for racing after mastering flying.

Hobby King has a pretty good starting kit. And if $350 is too much at the moment Ebay also carries some good kits. But a lot can be bad, I'll try and find some for you. One that everybody would suggest as a fishnet before moving to a brushless is the Syma X5C. Brushless can be a lot of power especially to new people.

The 10+ flight time can be achieved by flying slow and usually applies to bigger Quadcopters like the DJIs.

Don't the make a Phantom 3 advanced and a Phantom 3 standard? What's the difference in the advanced and standard since they're but a Phantom 3.

The standard uses WiFi for communication from the control to the drone and has a limited range. The advanced uses lightbridge and gives you about a mile worth of range depending on conditions.

I have the advanced with 5 batteries and love it. I have no problem letting my 12 year old fly it. It has GPS tracking that keeps it extremely stable. If you let go of the sticks it'll hover in place on its own.

Back
Top Bottom