• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Educate me on drones.....

I have a phantom 3 standard. It does everything I would want it to do. I've flown it over a mile out over the ocean with no problems. I've flown it behind the boat with no issues. The only issue I have with it is trees and buildings really limit the distance and the battery life. I crashed it once (user error) and only had to replace the $2 propellor.

One day we even caught some kids jumping off the railroad track bridge on Lake Alatoona.

:shocked: That Tybee video is unreal.

I have a phantom 3 standard. It does everything I would want it to do. I've flown it over a mile out over the ocean with no problems. I've flown it behind the boat with no issues. The only issue I have with it is trees and buildings really limit the distance and the battery life. I crashed it once (user error) and only had to replace the $2 propellor.

One day we even caught some kids jumping off the railroad track bridge on Lake Alatoona.

Awesome videos, how long of a flight time do you normally get?

:shocked: That Tybee video is unreal.

Yeah I got real nervous when I lost signal with the drone over the ocean. But not to worry the 'return to home' option kicked in and soon the signal was restored.

Awesome videos, how long of a flight time do you normally get?

Depending on how hard you fly it and the wind. 20-25min.
One time at the beach I had a down wind and got the drone going 43mph. I can't imagine if it hit me going that fast.

Yeah I got real nervous when I lost signal with the drone over the ocean. But not to worry the 'return to home' option kicked in and soon the signal was restored.

Depending on how hard you fly it and the wind. 20-25min.
One time at the beach I had a down wind and got the drone going 43mph. I can't imagine if it hit me going that fast.
No doubt.... I don't know how they fly in heavy winds but there's plenty on YouTube that's are doing it.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/DJI-Phan...4488&wl11=online&wl12=183244795&wl13=&veh=sem

Is thus a pretty good deal with the extra batteries?

My 2 cents is you get what you pay for. The kids toys are just that. We had bought my son an RC truck last Christmas. It was a $50 Bass Pro model. It got destroyed in a "power wheels incident". We replaced it with a hobby grade model. Sure, it was 4x the cost, but a night and day difference.

My 2 cents is you get what you pay for. The kids toys are just that. We had bought my son an RC truck last Christmas. It was a $50 Bass Pro model. It got destroyed in a "power wheels incident". We replaced it with a hobby grade model. Sure, it was 4x the cost, but a night and day difference.
You rich people

For that price I'd hold out for the mavic...it's a much cooler drone and has the same tech.
I'm worried with the mavericks folding legs it would be more catastrophic in a crash and with my 10 year old gonna be flying it from time to time I'm worried it wouldn't hold up as well in a crash. Your thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom