• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Educate me on drones.....

One thing I think we are all forgetting to mention and something I have noticed since I purchased my drone a little over a year ago is the regulations are getting stricter and stricter.
IMO drones are going to be so regulated in the coming months/years you will only be able to fly on your property or something to that effect. Just take a look at the restrictions through the FAA and make sure you are able to do what you want with the drone before purchasing one.

One thing I think we are all forgetting to mention and something I have noticed since I purchased my drone a little over a year ago is the regulations are getting stricter and stricter.
IMO drones are going to be so regulated in the coming months/years you will only be able to fly on your property or something to that effect. Just take a look at the restrictions through the FAA and make sure you are able to do what you want with the drone before purchasing one.
With all due respect it started way before drones..Way to much Goberment!

I'm worried with the mavericks folding legs it would be more catastrophic in a crash and with my 10 year old gonna be flying it from time to time I'm worried it wouldn't hold up as well in a crash. Your thoughts?
When I left my kids fly mine it's usually in a park or field, I never let them fly it in the neighborhood or around buildings. I got them the husban x4 from amazon to practice with, only about $50 with extra batteries and props.

The mavic has the same,if not better, avoidance tech as the p4.

When I left my kids fly mine it's usually in a park or field, I never let them fly it in the neighborhood or around buildings. I got them the husban x4 from amazon to practice with, only about $50 with extra batteries and props.

The mavic has the same,if not better, avoidance tech as the p4.
Any idea on how long the wait is to be expected on the mavic? It was supposed to be part of her Christmas and I hate to tell her it's gonna be a month or two before she can even get it.

Any idea on how long the wait is to be expected on the mavic? It was supposed to be part of her Christmas and I hate to tell her it's gonna be a month or two before she can even get it.
I'm not sure. My buddy just picked one up at Atlanta hobby that he ordered about 3 weeks ago. I'm guessing that supply will catch up by the middle of next year. If you're in a hurry watch craigslist, just be sure to get one that looks brand new. I got my p3a for $800 with two batteries, back pack, extra charger and a few more accessories. I watched for about two weeks before I pulled the trigger. I think the fella I got it from flew it about 2 times.

If it makes you feel any better I'm getting my boys kayaks for Christmas but I'm not buying them until April. :D
They have pictures to hold them over.

If it makes you feel any better I'm getting my boys kayaks for Christmas but I'm not buying them until April. :D
They have pictures to hold them over.
Lol that's what she got last year..... Seemed cruel to get her something she couldn't use for months but oh well.... She sure enjoyed it during the summer tho.
I've got two of these that are super fun to play with at the park. That might hold her over so you can hunt a deal. They can take a beating too.
I might hold off for now and give it some more thought, if I continue to hold off I just might get on of those for the time being.

For the guys with expensive drones, do they stabilize pretty easily? My in-laws got my son a cheaper one and it doesn't launch flat. It's nearly impossible to keep in a hover position. I suspect the more expensive ones nearly fly themselves.

Back
Top Bottom