• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Educate me on drones.....

I've got two of these that are super fun to play with at the park. That might hold her over so you can hunt a deal. They can take a beating too.
I might get this for my kids to mess around with at the hunting camp... how long is flight time and do you recommend anything else (accessories) along with it?

For the guys with expensive drones, do they stabilize pretty easily? My in-laws got my son a cheaper one and it doesn't launch flat. It's nearly impossible to keep in a hover position. I suspect the more expensive ones nearly fly themselves.

You don't even have to touch the remote to take off or land the drone. You can just use your phone. If you are flying it and let go of the remote the drone just stops and hovers in place. My 4 year old niece can fly it with ease, as long as we are not around a bunch of tress and houses.

You don't even have to touch the remote to take off or land the drone. You can just use your phone. If you are flying it and let go of the remote the drone just stops and hovers in place. My 4 year old niece can fly it with ease, as long as we are not around a bunch of tress and houses.

Cool! The $40 model doesn't do this ;)

I might get this for my kids to mess around with at the hunting camp... how long is flight time and do you recommend anything else (accessories) along with it?

I bought props and batteries with mine. I tried the prop guards for a while but it makes it handle real sluggish. After 5 batteries of flying the kids are about done for a while. You get 4-6 minutes per battery. We fly them at camp all the time....just stay away from trees.

Plan on going thru a bunch of props, good news is they're cheap. I've ran mine into walls, driveways, power lines etc and have yet to kill it. The only thing that breaks is the prop, sometimes the case will split but you can snap it back together.

It has a stunt mode that will let you do flips and rolls after a little bit of practice.

I am leaning towards the Mavic do to weight and camera quality.
The camera on the pro is far superior to the 4 or mavic. But I don't like how compact the mavic is for transportation. But the battery on the pro has been expanded and give 30 minutes of flight time(or what specs say) So I'm still tore on what to do.

One thing to keep in mind about the cameras, if you're not going to be playing it on a 4k tv and using high end video editing software you'll probably never notice the difference. I ended up with the advanced , 2.7k camera, and the video is still awesome for what I'm doing.

I used the money I saved to buy a couple extra batteries.

Back
Top Bottom