• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Educate me on drones.....

And I read that the cooling vent us right behind the camera do omntake off and landing it will suck in the dust and debris. So I still don't know if I want the phantom 4 or it?

Then I'm stuck with the dilemma that the 4 pro is only a few hundred more and it has more sensors, better battery, and better camera. So I don't know what to do.

I don't really see the reason to spend 300 more dollars to get the pro+ vs the pro just for the controller with the screen made on it. Expecially since I have some extra cell phones laying around I can leave on the regular controller so I don't have to use my own cell phone.

A friend of mine got his son one for Christmas. They got to watch it for less than a minute before it sailed off never to be seen again. Couple hundred down the drain. So he replaced it with an rc car. He totaled the car within 5 minutes.I suggested an anvil for the boy.

And I read that the cooling vent us right behind the camera do omntake off and landing it will suck in the dust and debris. So I still don't know if I want the phantom 4 or it?

Use a portable landing pad to minimize the risk of sucking debris into the cooling vents.

The extra sensors are definitely a plus, but are not a guarantee you won't crash.
I have flown RC fixed wing, rotor and multi rotor for years.
It's not a matter of "will you crash", but rather when and how much will it lighten your wallet.
BTW, insurance can be purchased through State Farm for $60 per year with no deductible.
It covers fly aways, theft, etc...

Use a portable landing pad to minimize the risk of sucking debris into the cooling vents.

The extra sensors are definitely a plus, but are not a guarantee you won't crash.
I have flown RC fixed wing, rotor and multi rotor for years.
It's not a matter of "will you crash", but rather when and how much will it lighten your wallet.
BTW, insurance can be purchased through State Farm for $60 per year with no deductible.
It covers fly aways, theft, etc...
I didn't know that you could buy insurance through insurance companies. I've read that dji offers some kind of warranty thing but done know how much it is or what it covers.

Back
Top Bottom