• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Educate me on drones.....

We got our son a Parrot bebop 2 kit for Christmas. It is really light, 500g. He has already crashed it, we had to replace the support structure. I ordered one, but they were on back order. I fixed his with some "jbweld", and it has held up thus far. We just got back from Tybee where he took several hours of video. He has been editing and putting his videos on Youtube. This little drone is amazing, and is his practice platform for the Mavic we are going to order soon. We got the bebop 2 with the extended range controller and VR head set for 499. Not a bad deal considering the drone itself was 500 when they came out. We have nothing but good to say about this little drone that could, but are looking forward to the upgraded camera and avoidance systems in the Mavic. If you are in the market for a semi serious drone, I highly recommend the bebop 2 by Parrot. It has return home, self land, follow me, altitude avoidance, built in memory(only 8g), 1080p and 14mp camera. Here is a link to his videos so you can see the quality of the camera and what it is capable of.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7tn6m9ERT4-02XtENsxcVA the top three are his videos. Again, we are really pleased with the bebop 2, but looking forward to the Mavic. I know this is an expensive trainer, but it will be used as a back up or to capture a few angles or aspects of subject matter in the future.

I don't really see the reason to spend 300 more dollars to get the pro+ vs the pro just for the controller with the screen made on it. Expecially since I have some extra cell phones laying around I can leave on the regular controller so I don't have to use my own cell phone.
I have an old flip up phone..I need to find a phone to control the drone and program the Echo for Fire stick..I don't want to pay a monthly fee for the phone just use it for those two purposes..If you decide to let one go that will fill those requirement for me, Please let me know! Thanks

I have an old flip up phone..I need to find a phone to control the drone and program the Echo for Fire stick..I don't want to pay a monthly fee for the phone just use it for those two purposes..If you decide to let one go that will fill those requirement for me, Please let me know! Thanks
My son has a IPhone 5s, with no cellular service, he uses it as the monitor. The bebop 2 package we got has a controller and antenna, the phone is passive. We got the phone at Wally world for 99 bucks, and chose not to activate it. I think we live near one another, if you'd like to come over one day and see the drone, PM me and I will forward you my number.

So I need up buying a Phantom 4 pro but hasn't came in yet.... So my next question is.... Would it be better to get ins from someone like statefarm or buy the ins from dji? I've head their customer service isn't so great but I have no personal experience with then..

So I need up buying a Phantom 4 pro but hasn't came in yet.... So my next question is.... Would it be better to get ins from someone like statefarm or buy the ins from dji? I've head their customer service isn't so great but I have no personal experience with then..
I have not idea, we will be getting it from DJI when we order Mavic today.

DJI care covers damage and I believe loss. State Farm will cover loss and does not cover damages, but costs less at $60.

Had this guy waiting on me when I got home. Still don't know who to go with ins tho.... Dji doesn't cover loss or water damage, state farm doesn't cover breakage..... I read about another company called nearly that has a no questions asked policy for anything except loss I'm which they don't cover.
20170306_165711.jpg

Back
Top Bottom