• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Educate me on drones.....

Had this guy waiting on me when I got home. Still don't know who to go with ins tho.... Dji doesn't cover loss or water damage, state farm doesn't cover breakage..... I read about another company called nearly that has a no questions asked policy for anything except loss I'm which they don't cover. View attachment 1089002
Just left their site, and it shows the DJI coverage as covering "accidental water damage is covered", not sure what that may interpret to, but some sort of water damage it covered. How long did it take to get the drone delivered?

I'm skipping over all the replies and going from the OP to this:

My nephew had a $100 drone several years ago that had a "return to home" feature, and would automatically land when the battery got low, AND it would auto-correct itself if you just let go of the controls. So you couldn't really crash it unless you flew it into the ground. If you get in trouble, just let go of the controls and it stabilizes and starts slowing its rate of decent.
(I don't know the model or brand. It was several years ago. It was a physically pretty big thing-- each of the 4 propellers was about 4" diameter, and the entire aircraft was probably 20" wide.)

I might need to call them I guess. And I bought mine from a dealer online on Thursday I think and received it today.

The DJI Phantom 4 is the one we have. This is our first drone and it's pretty damn incredible. My 13 year old flies it and it puts a big smile on her face every time. We've been taking it slow and it just about flies itself.

So I need up buying a Phantom 4 pro but hasn't came in yet.... So my next question is.... Would it be better to get ins from someone like statefarm or buy the ins from dji? I've head their customer service isn't so great but I have no personal experience with then..

My question is what are the intended areas? If it's your daughter and an open space and she handled the cheap one essily.....your call.

I have the P4. You can fly it in some pretty gusty wind. You can use any tablet. I use an android based 10 inch horizontal $75 tablet.

Be sure to download B4UFly app and use it.

Keep it in GPS mode and most do fine. There is only one company that I know of that makes guards that do not disable the sensors.

I'm skipping over all the replies and going from the OP to this:

My nephew had a $100 drone several years ago that had a "return to home" feature, and would automatically land when the battery got low, AND it would auto-correct itself if you just let go of the controls. So you couldn't really crash it unless you flew it into the ground. If you get in trouble, just let go of the controls and it stabilizes and starts slowing its rate of decent.
(I don't know the model or brand. It was several years ago. It was a physically pretty big thing-- each of the 4 propellers was about 4" diameter, and the entire aircraft was probably 20" wide.)
Most of the newer high end drones have a "return to home" feature. Our Beebop II has it, as well as the Mavic and Phantom 4 and Pro4. These also have avoidance sensors in the front to avoid obstacles, some even have them on the side and rear. The big thing is the flight time and camera resolution. With the DJI products having a better camera than the Parrot Beebop II. These bad boys can fly to altitudes of 5000m and about 40 plus m.p.h. forward, and hover for a long time. My son has made some really cool video which he has posted to youtube, I think I have an earlier post with a link. I will use his skills to video homes I have listed for sale as well.
The drone world is amazing and improving daily, it's so cool to be able to use these flying cameras, the possibilities are only limited by the pilots own imagination.

Love the return to home feagture. Just don't forget to set your alltitude.....funny story about a salesman bragging at the store and he should've said "Hold my beer and watch this".

Back
Top Bottom