• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Eforms coming in December

Still loud.

Still loud is correct...but it is NIGHT AND DAY over no can!

I hunted this year with 8" 300blk suppressed.

On a 10" 5.56, with even the longest/quietest suppressor, you will still choose to wear ear protection. Your ears will ring.

Shooting a shorty 556 AR will put some damn lead in your pencil
It really does depend on the can used.
I shoot 10in with m855 and a can, it’s not terrible. If it’s a titanium can, you’ll get sparks at night.

100yd IPSC target, Scar 16 10in, Q Trash Panda.
Standing, head mounted NV through a Aimpoint T2, no laser.

It really does depend on the can used.
I shoot 10in with m855 and a can, it’s not terrible. If it’s a titanium can, you’ll get sparks at night.

100yd IPSC target, Scar 16 10in, Q Trash Panda.
Standing, head mounted NV through a Aimpoint T2, no laser.

why sparks with Ti? I have a trash panda, have not shot at night.

The unburnt powder acts as a media blast on the titanium, “sandblasting” it and it comes out as sparks. That’s why SF, KAC and those caliber companies 556 cans are made with stellite, inconel, cobalt nickel, etc.

Ti suppressor isn’t exactly bad, or prone to damage, just isn’t made for SBR 556 applications where muzzle flash signature is the most important spec. My TP does a fantastic job suppressing 556.

Here’s a good still of the sparks. It’s a long exposure shot, so it’s got collective sparks for a few rounds in the pic.
2EAD9E6F-BF21-424A-B970-BB2630B5B951.jpeg

The unburnt powder acts as a media blast on the titanium, “sandblasting” it and it comes out as sparks. That’s why SF, KAC and those caliber companies 556 cans are made with satellite, inconel, cobalt nickel, etc.

Ti suppressor isn’t exactly bad, or prone to damage, just isn’t made for SBR 556 applications where muzzle flash signature is the most important spec. My TP does a fantastic job suppressing 556.
word. I have a YHM resonator K in jail that is gonna live on my 11.5" sbr. little louder than a turbo k...but not really.

Satellite ehhh..?? :confused2: :boink: Stellite is your word.

The unburnt powder acts as a media blast on the titanium, “sandblasting” it and it comes out as sparks. That’s why SF, KAC and those caliber companies 556 cans are made with satellite, inconel, cobalt nickel, etc.

This may not be in the right spot but question.
Are you putting cans on hunting rifles?
Does it make that much difference?
How much does it affect a 10” barreled AR in 556?
I hunt with a Rugged Surge 7.62 on my deer rifle(s). I mostly use it on a Remington 700 Tactical AAC-SD in .308 with an 18" barrel. No ear pro needed when shooting it at all. When we are shooting the .308 at the range we built on our club, most of the guys say it sounds somewhere between a .22lr and a .22mag. Which is pretty freaking cool for a .30 caliber bullet shooting 2700fps.

A 10" AR in 5.56 like the other guys have said isn't ideal, I'd for sure wear ear pro. In addition to noise, you may already know this, but the AR-15 platform was originally designed to operate with a 20" barrel. Meaning in it's origin, it required a 20" barrel to get full powder burn. Changes have been made to the gas system lengths and what not and full powder burn isn't a big deal in most applications but at 10" you're still burning powder as it exits the muzzle. So your still building pressure. You add the increased pressure from running a can and you have significant blowback. I'd HIGHLY advise wearing glasses when shooting shorty 5.56's suppressed. I run a Gemtech adjustable BCG and still get blasted a good bit. Just a friendly heads up.

Back
Top Bottom