• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Egg thief shot

Now that we have tentatively identified it as a pygmy coral snake and read that is venomous, I have no clue how it got here from the Amazon, but I prefer that it continue its journey into a non-human inhabited area and have a nice life. I will, however, re-check my bushes in a few minutes just in case. Noting that it came from the direction of the house next to me, although in another neighborhood separated by a rotting wooden fence and an overgrown back yard near a marsh area and flood plain, I am not surprised it is here. Thanks to you and "lftd&pwrstrok'n" for the research and info.

Dem undocumented aliens. Build a wall. :pound:

Hope the OP does not mind if I ask a snake question here. If so, I will delete it. Last night just at dark I encountered a 3 foot long, round-headed black snake with yellow patches slithering by my feet toward some bushes along my sidewalk. He then proceeded to climb up into the bushes and settle down for the night. I did not have time or enough light to take a picture of him. I did not bother him then nor check on him this morning at 6 o'clock while still dark. With the round head, I presume he is non-poisonous, although I feel certain a bite by him would not feel nice. I realize I can Google my curiosity, but I also figured some of you now exactly what I encountered and might enlighten me. Thanks.

Trocksterhoggen Trouser Snake?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree that is an eastern coral snake found only in south GA and said to be the most venomous snake in America, but Google also says the yellow patch one is just a coral snake. Just trying to learn. Thanks.
Same type of venom as cobras (nerve vs muscle venom).
But they have no fangs. Backward-facing teeth at the back of the mouth.
So, unless you stick your finger (or other member) down its throat, you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom