• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Elbert County Tax Thieves!!!!

Shovelhead

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
82   0
Reaction score
A little background.

I moved to Elberton 18 months ago. Bought a fixer upper, fixed it. Now I get the 2018 assement in todays mail. The reassement went up by nearly 45% and I have applied for the homstead and senior citizen exemptions. Elbert county wants 4 times what I paid for taxes on a much larger house in Cumming. Unlike Forsyth County, Elbert gives very little relief for seniors. Forsyth Senior exemption greatly reduced my school taxes but Elbert gives pennies :-( Even though I've never had or will have kids in public school

I'm really questioning my move out here to HooterVille. :-( To give some close numbers Forsyth county 2016 $300 Elbert County 2017 $900. Elbert County 2018 $1300.

Besides the "appeal" process what can I do?

A little background.

I moved to Elberton 18 months ago. Bought a fixer upper, fixed it. Now I get the 2018 assement in todays mail. The reassement went up by nearly 45% and I have applied for the homstead and senior citizen exemptions. Elbert county wants 4 times what I paid for taxes on a much larger house in Cumming. Unlike Forsyth County, Elbert gives very little relief for seniors. Forsyth Senior exemption greatly reduced my school taxes but Elbert gives pennies :-( Even though I've never had or will have kids in public school

I'm really questioning my move out here to HooterVille. :-( To give some close numbers Forsyth county 2016 $300 Elbert County 2017 $900. Elbert County 2018 $1300.

Not much other than appeal.

A little background.

Bout what I pay in Franklin county. I assume you are in the city?

Man, I paid 60K for my pond house, And had to BEG someone to finance it. All I did the first year was bush hog the high weeds and keep it cut as grass took over...The next year Douglas county decided it was worth 165k, then the year after that, 180K. Taxes run in excess of 2500 a year. No kids in any schools here either...

Back
Top Bottom