• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electric Gate Openers

Be prepared to pay what you think is way too much for your hinge post or posts if a double gate.

If they are not absolutely plumb and stout enough to swing a truck on, your install will not last long.

From what I have seen, the post can easily cost as much as the gate opener hardware. If you are going to go with masonry columns, best to get one of the big fence companies.

I can tell you a product to avoid and that's the GTO farm boss. It is like a $300 picture tube protecting a 10 cent fuse by blowing first in a thunder/lightning storm. The customer service is good once you get to them.

IMG_2339.PNG

I'm in the process of gate research for me house in Savannah. Found a good masonry guy for my post/columns. I'm considering using vintage red brick that I located with antique post lamps on the tops. This website has a good bit of info on it.

View attachment 1213919

I'm in the process of gate research for me house in Savannah. Found a good masonry guy for my post/columns. I'm considering using vintage red brick that I located with antique post lamps on the tops. This website has a good bit of info on it.

Have to put a steel column inside or beside the brick to hold gate. and it needs a substantial footing and anchor bolts.

Back
Top Bottom