• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electric hunting bike

ckarr

Bear Icon
ODT Junkie!
31   0
Reaction score
After watching all of these hunting shows with the 3 to 4,000 dollar quietkats, it got me wondering. I think it's a cool idea. No sweating going to and from stand. I do like to get off the beaten trail a good bit. But my question is, has anyone ever tried hunting with a regular mountain bike, or know anyone who has converted a regular mountain bike to electric. Seems like it could be done for less than 200 bucks or so and would be fun to give it a try. These mountain areas and bad knees make me want to try it

After watching all of these hunting shows with the 3 to 4,000 dollar quietkats, it got me wondering. I think it's a cool idea. No sweating going to and from stand. I do like to get off the beaten trail a good bit. But my question is, has anyone ever tried hunting with a regular mountain bike, or know anyone who has converted a regular mountain bike to electric. Seems like it could be done for less than 200 bucks or so and would be fun to give it a try. These mountain areas and bad knees make me want to try it
A buddy of mine hunted of a mountain bike for about 10 minutes. Quickly learned it's just easier to walk. He was sweating his ass off...

A horse would work better, and not spook the game.

In order to use a bike, you must be on a well worn path. Easier to walk, as mentioned.

Yeah most of the places I hunt have a well beaten path or old road its just very hilly. If I had something that had decent torque and climbing ability, not necessarily alot of speed it would be neat. But I want to avoid sweating. Hence the reason I was thinking about this.

Yeah most of the places I hunt have a well beaten path or old road its just very hilly. If I had something that had decent torque and climbing ability, not necessarily alot of speed it would be neat. But I want to avoid sweating. Hence the reason I was thinking about this.
Golf cart is my preferred mode of transportation

Yeah electric golf cart would be good. I've got a rzr in case I needed to get anywhere after bagging a deer. But mountain bike converted to electric would be light and cheap just curious if anyone had any experience with them

I've never even thought of doing that! Lol good idea
I probably look like a goofy goober wearing shorts and snake boots but it helps a lot. If I don’t wear shorts I wear some lightweight khaki pants and a short sleeved T shirt with a leafy suit on over them.
C3303076-C478-4710-9669-CFEBCE7D69A2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom