• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electric hunting bike

Haha. Our lease in pine mountain is a good 20 minute walk from one side to the other atleast. All with snow downhill grade to the bottom of the property and a regular mountain bike would be great down there with the road beaten out but I am set on trying to do this conversion for around the house. Some of the best hunting would be a pain to walk and you can park the rzr most places without scaring everything around there. Even with shorts my old butt would get tired

After watching all of these hunting shows with the 3 to 4,000 dollar quietkats, it got me wondering. I think it's a cool idea. No sweating going to and from stand. I do like to get off the beaten trail a good bit. But my question is, has anyone ever tried hunting with a regular mountain bike, or know anyone who has converted a regular mountain bike to electric. Seems like it could be done for less than 200 bucks or so and would be fun to give it a try. These mountain areas and bad knees make me want to try it
My brother in law converted a mountain bike to electric. He ordered the throttle, wheel & hub on eBay which came from China. He went with larger batteries in a back pack which wouldn’t work for hunting as I would have to carry my pack & rifle in with me. I can ask him for the links if needed. The thing screams. 25+ mph. Too fast for us that know what pain is.

My brother in law converted a mountain bike to electric. He ordered the throttle, wheel & hub on eBay which came from China. He went with larger batteries in a back pack which wouldn’t work for hunting as I would have to carry my pack & rifle in with me. I can ask him for the links if needed. The thing screams. 25+ mph. Too fast for us that know what pain is.
Yeah I dont care too much for the speed just something that climbs well would be cool

Definitely interested!

I hava a rambo 750 w electric bike I love it. Climbs steep hills and helps me get my deer out . Legal on public land . 750w and under is considered non motorized. It's expensive but I dont join hunting clubs I only hunt public land .
FB_IMG_1542761945245.jpg

And @Dallasdave it pulled this 10 point out no problem 3 1/4 miles from the truck I dont no what type of large game u are referring to but whitetails are not a problem

I hava a rambo 750 w electric bike I love it. Climbs steep hills and helps me get my deer out . Legal on public land . 750w and under is considered non motorized. It's expensive but I dont join hunting clubs I only hunt public land . View attachment 1920460

And @Dallasdave it pulled this 10 point out no problem 3 1/4 miles from the truck I dont no what type of large game u are referring to but whitetails are not a problem

That’s a neat setup.

Back
Top Bottom