• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electrical question

Probably "builder grade".

One thing about lighting circuits, if he has a bunch of compact florescence bulbs that come on at one time with a switch, he might be overloading the circuit. Even though they have a 10 to 15 watt draw running, it is much higher on the older ones during startup. .
Thanks, will check tomorrow

Turn off the main breaker. Pull a couple of the "heaters" out and check for corrosion or bluing on the terminals that compress onto the buss. Maglite the buss also to inspect for anything other than copper. If any indications, replace with a quality breaker for the panel manufacturer. Just my 2 cents. :-)
Thanks, will check tomorrow

Parents house has Eaton arc faults. Hes replaced half of them already in 4 years. They are a fire waiting to happen. They've had two homes down the street burn to the ground due to electrical failures. If it were my house, Id replace with non arc faults and then swap them back over when you sell the home. But Im no electrician either.
Seems someone did that for a few. Makes sense to me but I would be leary to do it.

Thanks everyone for your assistance. My friend said a bunch of people in the development had problems and some put whole new boxes in. I just want her to be safe.

xmas vaca3.gif

Parents house has Eaton arc faults. Hes replaced half of them already in 4 years. They are a fire waiting to happen. They've had two homes down the street burn to the ground due to electrical failures. If it were my house, Id replace with non arc faults and then swap them back over when you sell the home. But Im no electrician either.

I did this to my brand new house that was built 4 years ago. Swapped all of them out for regular.

Before the swap, had to put a fan in front of the breaker box to keep it cool. Brownouts all over the house...

So, got an electrician to swap them all out and keep the Arc faults as payment for the swap.

Zero issues afterward.

Sold the house 2 years later, buyers realtor made me swap them back. Cost me $1000 to buy the replacements. Gave the buyer the regular ones in a bag at closing, said he would need them.

He emailed me less than 30 days later, he paid an electrician $500 to swap them out, rampant issues. After the swap, smooth sailing.

Eaton had a big recall on those early Arc Faults.....

Back
Top Bottom