• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electromagnetic Pulse

This is so important. The entire electrical grid is vulnerable and can be taken out by a solar super storm, they generally occur on average every 150 years with the last one in 1859, or by a single nuclear explosion above the atmosphere. It would take out the main primary transformers. We have about 2000 of them installed in our grid. These are the most critical component in our grid. We would be without power for maybe years, because we do not have the inventory or the present ability to build these transformers. That means no cell service, no internet, no gas, no AC, no heat, no flowing water, etc.. We could protect the system at a relatively low cost by installing Gaussian shields around the transformers and installing surge protectors for them. This is a real thing to be concerned about!

Check out this video.

Yep i could definitely happen

They told us that life would come to a screeching halt back when the year 2000 rolled around. It didn’t.

Something will for sure get us one day. It will probably be old age, or cancer, or a heart attack, or like @jeep78 said, a dump truck crossing the yellow line.

Breathing air is 100% fatal. Everyone who does it will die.

I ain’t burying my head in the sand, I’m living while I can. I choose not to worry about all the ways I could die.

Read One Second After...then tell me again how you don't care if the lights go out. 90% of people dead after 1 year.

I'm halfway through this book. Yep, it'd be BAD if an EMP happens. My concern is for my wife who works 25 miles from home and my grown daughters. It is a legit threat.

Just finished One Second After. Any other recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom