• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electromagnetic Pulse

More likely a dump truck crosses the center line today and turns you into a bug splat on his bumper.

EMP does exist, but its effects are limited, not the "destroy everything with a wire" that alarmists claim.

Yep. EMP is fiction bull**** to sell prepping supplies and give Hermets something to get a hard on over on the internet.

The United States government has been trying to get an EMP to do something for the last 50 years. So far they haven't so much as stopped a clock radio.

I'm more worried about the 16 year old taking a selfie on the freeway

Yep. EMP is fiction bull**** to sell prepping supplies and give Hermets something to get a hard on over on the internet.

The United States government has been trying to get an EMP to do something for the last 50 years. So far they haven't so much as stopped a clock radio.

I'm more worried about the 16 year old taking a selfie on the freeway

I don't know about fictional BS, but the odds are astronomically low. However, you combine all the threats to civilization - Super Volcanos, Meteors, Nuclear Attack, EMP, Cyperattack, etc, plus the black swan event no one can see coming, the odds no longer become as astronomical.

Heart Disease, Diabetes, known cancer causes, defensive driving are things we should focus on every day due to the odds. But, it's not bad to lightly plan and prep for a SHTF situation.

Leveraction44 Leveraction44 have you tweeted your concerns to the president? He takes all tweets seriously.

I think if a reasonable person watched the video, he would realize that it is a serious conversation by serious people.

Or it could be totally discounted on a technical basis by a person who couldn't figure out how to connect jumper cables between two cars.

I think if a reasonable person watched the video, he would realize that it is a serious conversation by serious people.

Or it could be totally discounted on a technical basis by a person who couldn't figure out how to connect jumper cables between two cars.
I was just poking bears :becky:

In all seriousness, EMP is nothing new.
It has been going on since the beginning of time. I would be more worried about EMPs from our own Sun than an EMP weapon.

And as for jumping cars with cables, cables aren't needed to jump cars.
Back in the day as kids, all we needed was a huffy, a few cinder blocks and an old piece of plywood :boink:

Back
Top Bottom