• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electromagnetic Pulse

You will need to purify water wherever you're at. The actual temp difference is insignificant concerning viruses and bacteria. A mountain might give you a good vantage point in certain situations, but seldom the one you need. Flatlands will actually give you better visibility. Especially in agricultural areas.

Just finished A Final Day - great series. And thanks for the guidance.

Patriots by James Wesley, Rawles.

It's not about an EMP, but is pretty detailed about survival after the SHTF. A little out of date, but still very good.

You also mentioned about getting land in the Mountains. I don't know why this seems to be the default for survivalists. Very limited and often poor land for agriculture. Much less wild game and very predictable travel patterns (easy to get ambushed).

I'd head for the Piedmont or even further south. Lot's of land, lots of game, lots of space, plenty of water and population density is so low in many places you could live for decades without ever seeing anyone if modern transportation goes down.
I'm not going to get a place in the mountains, if the shtf I'm going to take someone else's. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking that way. Why buy today what you can steal tomorrow?.

I'm not going to get a place in the mountains, if the shtf I'm going to take someone else's. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking that way. Why buy today what you can steal tomorrow?.
You obviously have never read this book. Looting is a capital offence. I have a tendency to agree. Your attitude would make you a murderer. Is that who you are?

You obviously have never read this book. Looting is a capital offence. I have a tendency to agree. Your attitude would make you a murderer. Is that who you are?
Lol I was jk, but don't tell me that if the shtf there won't be droves of people heading to the mountains to "live off the land." When they get there and realize they have no food or shelter what do you think is going to happen? They are going to attack those that have those things.

Desperate people do desperate things.

Lol I was jk, but don't tell me that if the shtf there won't be droves of people heading to the mountains to "live off the land." When they get there and realize they have no food or shelter what do you think is going to happen? They are going to attack those that have those things.

The average suburbanite couldn’t walk 15 miles on a flat surface must less mountainous terrain. The vast majority will die of dehydration, starvation, exhaustion or be murdered long before they get here. The small group that survives has no idea of who owns what, where or what that dirt road leads to and they would stand out like a sore thumb.

Suburbanites are use to having people walk down their streets and across their lawns and they don’t have Posted signs in their front yards. We know who owns every local vehicle and the weekend warriors are obvious. Most people up here tolerate and smile at the Atlanta crowd because of the economic impact tourism has on the area but truth beknown they just as well you mail your dollars and stay south of Canton. So don’t think that just because you are greeted with a smile when you show up here in the Fall to buy apples and overpriced jellies that you’d be welcome when the SHTF. Just stay in the surburbs cause if you try and come up here, you’ll only die tired.

This why weapons and weapons training will be needed by those that have prepared.

The average suburbanite couldn’t walk 15 miles on a flat surface must less mountainous terrain. The vast majority will die of dehydration, starvation, exhaustion or be murdered long before they get here. The small group that survives has no idea of who owns what, where or what that dirt road leads to and they would stand out like a sore thumb.

Suburbanites are use to having people walk down their streets and across their lawns and they don’t have Posted signs in their front yards. We know who owns every local vehicle and the weekend warriors are obvious. Most people up here tolerate and smile at the Atlanta crowd because of the economic impact tourism has on the area but truth beknown they just as well you mail your dollars and stay south of Canton. So don’t think that just because you are greeted with a smile when you show up here in the Fall to buy apples and overpriced jellies that you’d be welcome when the SHTF. Just stay in the surburbs cause if you try and come up here, you’ll only die tired.
There is going to be some natural selection by the time people get to your area. Don't underestimate the survivors. Many of them will be ruthless hard boys. Just to get there they will have already survived much tougher situations than you have.

Lol. Seems like you are in for a treat. I could ride my bicycle to your house. Sure, my Strava wouldn't tell me my cadence, but I could get there in 8 hours or less. (With some gear)

There is going to be some natural selection by the time people get to your area. Don't underestimate the survivors. Many of them will be ruthless hard boys. Just to get there they will have already survived much tougher situations than you have.

I agree with him on the average suburbanite, but the problem is that there are soo many suburbanites (numbers) from all walks of life (including rural people that came in town for a better opportunity) that the outliers outside the average will still be a very large number of people. I'm a suburbanite with a SHTF supplies including guns and paper maps, been all over GA, and know how to reasonability survive in the wild. What I don't know or remember, I have a survival handbook in my STHF pack I'm taking with me.

I already have a few places I plan to go if SHTF, each place dependant on the disaster. Maybe the mountains, maybe the low lands, maybe the coast.

Back
Top Bottom