• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Elementary School discipline

Father of twin boys. They just turned 13.

Always spoke to them as an adult and for the most part they were pretty well behaved.

But I'd tan that ass with a wooden spoon when I had to ask them more than once. They eventually got it. I found the wooden spoon to be the best because you could get some good speed for a good sting without hurting them.

Good luck dad!

It ain't easy but you gotta establish boundaries and do what you tell them you're going to do!

And for goodness sake, strip search 'em before going to school. Kids are clever. He may be hiding that stuff at school for all you know.

Ok with all due respect I am not going to read through all of this. Just by the OP's title I get the drift....When my generation was in school this is how it went...Act out in class, teacher hit you will an eraser pad or threw a piece of white chalk at you..If you fell asleep the teacher would hit you with the eraser pad or a piece of chalk....Last was to hit you across the knuckles with a wooden 1ft measure stick. If you got out of line you were sent to the principles office..Not to say that I had several trips, and was introduced to the plank over the Butt, while bending over the P's desk. Then came the note that had to be signed by a parent...Then take that home and think you can con Mom into being more understanding...Ha!! you got your ass whipped and then told by Mom, wait until your Dad gets home!! When dad got home he said to the wood shed...I learned at an early age, all of that was not worth it...Valuable lesson, that hard heads like me learned early in life...We, our society need to get back to those values, of respect and those lessons get learned at home, by responsible parents..Respect has no monetary value, it cost nothing other than, if you take on the responsibility of a child...Which I can say is the greatest responsibility a parent can take on..Time to get back to, basic good values and the obligations a parent should take and assume with the creation of a new life. The problem does not lie with poverty or prosperity, Getto or slums, It lies with the responsibility of the parents PERIOD! Sorry for the rant Carry On!

Back
Top Bottom