• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Elementary School discipline

What happened last night?

We had a talk. Explained to him that he's been told before not to take things to school, he agreed he knows it's wrong. He understands that he's going to get a spanking because he took the cards again anyway.

He ate dinner and did his homework, and I reminded him that I was going to give him a spanking. So I did. *See post #135

If it doesn't stick, he knows another spanking will follow. Hopefully last night's was sufficient.

Women teachers hate little boys that act like little boys. If he doesn't act like a little girl that sits still, raises her hand, and colors inside the lines, she'll find something to ***** about.

Every parent of a normal boy is getting similar emails, trust me. The **** can't help herself. Ignore her. You've got years of this, it'll get easier with time.

A couple more years, there will be hints about ADHD types disorders and questions about medications. Ignore that too and remind them they're legally prohibited from attempting a diagnosis. Just a heads up.

^^^ I was going to type a response, but this is almost exactly what I was thinking. My oldest son had a couple of these teachers in elementary school. We even went to a psychiatrist for his ADHD and focus issues. He went through a half day evaluation/test. He has turned into a great young man with fantastic grades in honors/advanced placement classes and nailed the SAT as a sophmore (he gets letters from colleges that I never dreamed of going to), contrary to what the shrink said he would ever be able to do.
Basically, don't worry about it if he is a good kid.

I can't help to think that some of the "negative" propensities our kids face can actually help out when they are older the way they are wired. Strong willed children may have some traits that may end up making them good future leaders. Heck, autistic kids are often very intelligent, and can be detail oriented and may make great problem solvers. My wife and I joke about teaching our kids to use their powers for good, not evil.

If anyone has a boy that's driving them crazy, James Dobson has some great books on raising kids. He very much understands that boys need to be boys. I'm not one to go around telling people to read this or that book as I am not a big reader myself, but I've read several of his and it's certainly helped me with our kids.

I can't help to think that some of the "negative" propensities our kids face can actually help out when they are older the way they are wired. Strong willed children may have some traits that may end up making them good future leaders. Heck, autistic kids are often very intelligent, and can be detail oriented and may make great problem solvers. My wife and I joke about teaching our kids to use their powers for good, not evil.

If anyone has a boy that's driving them crazy, James Dobson has some great books on raising kids. He very much understands that boys need to be boys. I'm not one to go around telling people to read this or that book as I am not a big reader myself, but I've read several of his and it's certainly helped me with our kids.
My wife used to teach at Ga Academy for the blind, she was a special needs teacher. The stories she told me about autistic kids and blind and deaf kids definitely told me how much more intelligent they r and the skills they have with music and stuff is amazing! She's an early childhood development teacher now. She still has some special needs kids but not as many.

My wife used to teach at Ga Academy for the blind, she was a special needs teacher. The stories she told me about autistic kids and blind and deaf kids definitely told me how much more intelligent they r and the skills they have with music and stuff is amazing! She's an early childhood development teacher now. She still has some special needs kids but not as many.

I wish she was Alex's teacher!

Pretty simple solution for you. Explain to him that he needs to comply with what you tell him and what the teachers tell him to do. Explain if you get another email from the teacher for non compliance you are going to tear his little ass up. Now I know he knows right from wrong and he is probably a smart little guy that is bored in class. That said once you tear his little ass up once or twice he will get the idea that it isn't worth breaking the rules and screwing around in class any more.

Pretty simple solution for you. Explain to him that he needs to comply with what you tell him and what the teachers tell him to do. Explain if you get another email from the teacher for non compliance you are going to tear his little ass up. Now I know he knows right from wrong and he is probably a smart little guy that is bored in class. That said once you tear his little ass up once or twice he will get the idea that it isn't worth breaking the rules and screwing around in class any more.

I did exactly this on the day in question...so far, so good. *fingers crossed*

Back
Top Bottom