• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Elk Hunter Shot Near Kremmling (real)

Familiar with elk hunting in the area (local family). Visitors get real excited. Overly popular areas are flat out dangerous. We stick to the wilderness areas simply because it is much harder hunting, and therefore much safer! and never ever ever remove orange. Damn shame life lost.

For some, most of that "Hunter Education" goes out the window once an animal is wounded or in the crosshairs.

We had a similar thing happen, in Florida among our group. Hard to stomach once it happens. Groups of guys with guns, ready to get it done and put it down, can get a bit over excited at times. A split second of lapse of judgment leads to a lifetime of misery.

In fact, the man who did the shooting, ended up drinking himself to the point of suicide and shot himself. Sad end to a terrible accident.

Stay safe on the hunt.

I’m not a hunter, but you track an animal for a long period, find said animal, take off your orange, and kneel next to it??? I smell bullshat
This made huge news when it happened here......really sad. I have a friend with lots of land that sells his Elk tags and he always tells the people huntinv his land never to remove their orange vests.

Back
Top Bottom