• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Elk hunting in Pennsylvania! Any here done it?

wildbill1973z28

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
161   1
Reaction score
Of course someone here has the experienced . but just found out going to inherit a place in Clearfield Pennsylvania!
Been making the trip to Colorado or Idaho to Elk hunt because they are easy over the counter purchases this will be draw only I assume and you may never get drawn.
Any expert cheer?

I'm 97% sure all no fence eastern elk hunts are via lottery and like you said, you could literally never draw in your lifetime. I've put in for NC/TN/KY every year for the last 5-8 years with 0 success.
I'm this [ ] close to just focusing on elk hunting out west and putting the NC/TN/KY lottery fees into extra Mt. Dew for this year's CO trip.

I'm 97% sure all no fence eastern elk hunts are via lottery and like you said, you could literally never draw in your lifetime. I've put in for NC/TN/KY every year for the last 5-8 years with 0 success.
I'm this [ ] close to just focusing on elk hunting out west and putting the NC/TN/KY lottery fees into extra Mt. Dew for this year's CO trip.
We have had great success in Colorado bow season and black powder. I wonder if it helps your odds if you are A resident

Yeah, I love smoke stick season. I think I'm going to go 2nd season to a new area this year with a friend who used to formally guide in the area.
There during the rut! They seem to slow down some as far as the distance they cover in a day! And location is much easier when you can here them! Good luck

I've been all over Colorado and seen lots of Elk but by far the biggest one i ever saw was in Clinton County Pennsylvania. Huge monster bull. I have a foto of him somewhere. I'll try to find it.

Attachments

• Bull at Camp.JPG
    Bull at Camp.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom