• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Elon Musk is Done....

Y’all wanna hear some funny parody’s
Hit YouTube for “rich banks “

He does all the parody songs for the Adam Carolla podcast

And while Musk's rap may be bad, the way he runs Tesla is even worse.....

https://www.thedrive.com/news/27945/a-single-component-can-brick-older-teslas-and-tesla-wont-fix-it

TLDR version: There's a memory chip with a limited number of read/write cycles..... Once it hits that number, it bricks your damned car-and tesla won't fix it or even sell the parts to do it.

What a chode Musk is.

So it hasn’t actually happened yet ?

And there’s lots of cars from major manufacturers that the manufacturer doesn’t sell new replacement parts

But the aftermarket will take care of it if there is enough demand

He’s built a better electric car than any one else
How much research money and engineers does Volkswagen or Mercedes or Toyota or GM or Ford have ?

Musk built a better car than they could with 1 / 1000 the resources

And while Musk's rap may be bad, the way he runs Tesla is even worse.....

https://www.thedrive.com/news/27945/a-single-component-can-brick-older-teslas-and-tesla-wont-fix-it

TLDR version: There's a memory chip with a limited number of read/write cycles..... Once it hits that number, it bricks your damned car-and tesla won't fix it or even sell the parts to do it.

What a chode Musk is.

From the ‘comments’ section of the article:

What an incredibly and outrageously non-researched article. This is fabrication built on fabrication. The end source for this article is a YouTuber who claims that he replaces a chip that Tesla will not do. That much is correct. The chip is not replaced because the entire eMMC card is replaced instead. Tesla doesn't go around soldering chips, they replace the card. Did The Drive speak with anyone on this issue? Did someone call Tesla. Obviously not. The memory issue was a problem on early Model S and was fixed with a software update. A limited number of early Model S had the chip failure and most were replaced under warranty. For those who have an expired warranty, Tesla replaces the entire card, not the chip. Do some real research next time.

From the ‘comments’ section of the article:

What an incredibly and outrageously non-researched article. This is fabrication built on fabrication. The end source for this article is a YouTuber who claims that he replaces a chip that Tesla will not do. That much is correct. The chip is not replaced because the entire eMMC card is replaced instead. Tesla doesn't go around soldering chips, they replace the card. Did The Drive speak with anyone on this issue? Did someone call Tesla. Obviously not. The memory issue was a problem on early Model S and was fixed with a software update. A limited number of early Model S had the chip failure and most were replaced under warranty. For those who have an expired warranty, Tesla replaces the entire card, not the chip. Do some real research next time.

This is mot fake news.

This has actually happened

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-14/irreplaceable-chip-bricking-out-warranty-teslas

I guess without personal experience, we are bound to what we read :)

I have no experience with Tesla. I do not know any techs that have either (as far as repair). So i cant say for sure.
My 02 is this sounds like the same crap that happens with all new technologies. There are a few problems until they iron the bugs out.

Unfortunately, with cars, they NEVER iron out ALL the bugs. Lol.
As soon as they get one issue fixed, another takes its place!

I would like to have seen a few before i closed up shop doors though. They seem interesting, to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom