• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Emergency Services for Children

Clarke123

Default rank <4500 posts
Love Them UGA Dogs!
196   0
Reaction score
WAS: Cumming, GA NOW: Punta Gorda, Florida
We had a medical emergency occur with a grandchild that (thank God!) ended well, I can only imagine the frightening and stressful experience that his parents had an unfortunate accident occur involving a little finger and a live lamp socket. Long story short, it started with an emergency room visit, where it was recommended that he be transported to the Medical College of Georgia Pediatric Burn Unit in Augusta (because they had a pediatric heart monitor)

I know that "Monday Morning Quarterbacking" is a somewhat useless undertaking ...So, take what I say as my feeble effort to help anyone who has a child / grandchild that they dearly love!

I would recommend consideration of the facilities available at the Scottish Rite location of Children's Hospital Atlanta. As my step-father was a Shriner and having had several friends use their services over the decades, they have a sterling reputation for handling a wide range of emergency and hospital services for infants and children. They even have helicopters especially purposed for child care.

Obviously, if you are in the Augusta Area, the Medical College of Georgia Pediatric Unit is excellent as well ...

I would recommend consultation with a child's Pediatrician for his / her opinion regarding them.

I would then recommend that parents contact them for procedures to follow in the (hopefully remote) possibility of any future event ...
Today's child tends to be very intelligent and inquisitive; 100% into "exploring" everything.

Pediatric Emergency Care | Children's Healthcare of Atlanta

Back
Top Bottom