• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Employer searching vehicle - interesting

They have random screenings going through the gate every day. It's usually limited to opening all doors and compartments so they can do a quick visual.

I was going through the gate at a Ga Power plant, to go fishin', and the guard decided to do one of those quick visual searches of my truck. Open the glove compartment and looked completely passed a pistol in it. He sheepishly checked it in when I opened it right behind him and handed him the gun.

While I do appreciate the comedic value of this I don't understand what kinda dumbass it takes to pull such a stunt. This has to be an example of what I call an attention who're. Anything for clicks likes and thumbs up. It's gonna be twice as painful when he starts puking or the next day on the toilet.
A while back someone here posted a video of some hillbilly eating 2 or 3 Carolina Reapers and chasing it with a fifth of Fireball liquor. It was a good thing the idiot started throwing up immediately. Otherwise he would've died with alcohol poisoning in flaming agony. I don't get people.

Depends... how much money are you willing to walk away from, over their stance on guns?

Most high paying corporate gigs, have pretty strict no weapons policies... Are you willing to take a 6 figure pay cut to go work for someone more pro gun? Or would you just conceal it well, and keep your mouth shut about it? haha

I worked for corporate and had a well paying 6 figure job more than once. I never said a word about what I had either on my person and in my car. Nobody ever knew. And heck no, I would have NEVER allowed any search. I wouldn't say a word......................

Also had a fed job early in my career, no way weapons were allowed in the building (parked in public parking so that wasn't an issue). But i NEVER carried anything more than pepper spray into my fed gig. Get caught with a firearm and you're done. Not only fired, but federal time.

Back
Top Bottom