• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Engagement ring shopping

Picking out a ring was probably single worst part of the “getting married” for me. I felt like I was getting ripped off every store I went to. Eventually I was to the point “ **** it give me that one!”

Good Luck!

Union Diamond. My wife (then girlfriend) fell in love with a Tiffany’s solitaire princess cut that for the type of diamond I wanted to get her was way out of range.

They did a custom AutoCAD for a platinum ring that was a dead ringer for the ring she wanted for a fraction of the cost, and the price of their diamonds was unbeatable.

This was 8 years ago, but I’ve used them since and continue to be happy.

I continue to go back to them for everything I need, including diamond earrings for my wife and my daughters first set of earrings.

They have a new location now in Ponce City Market, but before then they were up near the Cobb Galleria.

Hey guys, I've been thinking about tying the knot lately but I'm a little stuck on where to start looking for a ring. Anyone have any suggestions for places around Atlanta? I'm walking in pretty uninformed so I'd like to know the place is trustworthy.

Thanks!

Reuben Brothers in Cumming. Excellent prices.

Don't do it!!! Just kidding, congrats man.

Shane Co. is a great place. The prices are generally lower, but they are what they are. You can't really negotiate with them. Very good customer service and very little to no pressure. The guy I worked with actually suggested I go elsewhere to compare, then come back if I wanted to. Their warranty is also great, especially if you take it in for yearly cleaning/inspection. My now ex-wife at one point lost a couple small diamonds in her band. Because she brought it in annually, they replaced the missing diamonds for free.

As for your band, when your ready go get your ring size measured and order off e-weddingbands.com.

https://www.e-weddingbands.com/index.html

Good luck brother!

Since you're in Marietta check out Dorton Co on Canton Road. They have a ton at great prices and no one works on commission so they arent pushy to sell you. Any place you start to look i'd suggest making an appointment.

Dont-Do-It-Kid-President.gif

I got mine at Harlin diamonds at the Mart. I took it to another jewelry store the very next day and they appraised it DOUBLE what I paid for it. You found get a better deal than at the Mart. Make sure you get it insured also

LOTS of markup in diamonds .. and difficult for (other than an expert) to judge value!
To get the best stone for the money, familiarize yourself with the grading system.
Also know that some diamonds are "crafted" from two or more pieces (doublets / triplets).

Further, just because a stone is "Large" compared to another for the same price, it may not be a good choice:
Some stones just "Look Dead" and only sparkle in the special lighting of a display case!

Always buy the stone unmounted (it is easier to compare to others), use a "V-Fold" narrow piece of brilliant white paper so as to easily compare 2/3/4 stones side-by-side ... also make certain that you are able to see the stones under natural light!

Special cut stones usually bring a premium price: traditional round stones are usually your best value.

Basically, you want a stone that "sparkles" brightly under all lighting conditions .. stones with very small inclusions can be a bargain in that no one (other than an appraiser) is going to be examining the stone with a loop. Long after the stone is bought, how it looks in everyday life is more important than what it cost! You've probably seen it yourself when walking into a room: some settings just knock your eyes out, others (regardless of size) just sit there like lumps of tapioca!

Do the stone shopping WITHOUT your loved one to keep emotion out of the decision, also remember that the best marriage is a partnership, not the acquisition of a mate. "A happy wife means a happy life" is a true enough statement as long as you keep in mind that marriages have been ruined by one party spoiling the other!

Good Luck and may God Bless You and Yours!

Back
Top Bottom