• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Engagement ring shopping

^this is a very good point, and thats also why when i was shopping around i looked to see who i could get a stone from cheapest, my girl wanted a diamond because of the tradition and its her birthstone but with how crazy they are marked up i knew i should try to keep the cost low, (which is what i would advise anyways cause you can almost always upgrade the ring and stone). I went with a very nice 1/2 karar and went with a marquise for the shape and the fact that they will always look bigger than most any other cut of similar weight and went with a nice setting and it ended up being well under 2k, at that price i had the entire thing paid off so no debt which she loved. I remember hearing the old idea that a ring should cost a third of your salary and couldnt stop laughing :der::lol:

Shane Co. I used them for both marriages. :shocked:

My current wife knew nothing about diamonds and after 1 trip to Shane Co. She was well educated. They don't work on commission, they have a great selection at all price points, they will pull out diamonds of several grades/sizes to show you direct comparisons. As long as you buy the stone and setting from them and keep up the cleaning/service/inspection interval (every 6 months) then you are covered 100%. Even if the main stone falls out, replaced for free. Same goes for the settings. They do not extend that type of coverage if you bring a stone to them. Whatever you buy from them is covered for the life of the item.

My wife got white gold for both rings and the wedding band started looking a little yellow on the palm side (white gold is just yellow gold that's rhodium dipped), she took it to them and they re-did it for free no questions asked. It only took 1 day and looks brand new. Plus you get 100% of what you paid for the diamond if you want to trade up later. You just have to buy one that's a certain percentage more than the original stone.

General rule; The more they advertise and the louder they yell, stay away from them. Find somebody you trust that understands color, clarity, etc and take them with you.

Let me put buying a diamond into a better light:

You are buying a new AR for $2000 that you can only resell for $450 regardless if it was used or not.

Just find a different rock, God made a **** ton.

Find a local mom and pop place that does there own settings. Much better quality. Ive been using Classic Galleries now located in Oconee county. Custom work.

Hey guys, I've been thinking about tying the knot lately but I'm a little stuck on where to start looking for a ring. Anyone have any suggestions for places around Atlanta? I'm walking in pretty uninformed so I'd like to know the place is trustworthy.

Thanks!
It's not just the RING you're uninformed about!

GLWS

Ive used Brown and Co. almost exclusively for the wife. They arent the cheapest im sure, but they are very nice and trustworthy. Anything you buy there can be swapped so you can safely make a pricey surprise. High quality stuff, and yes it will be a reflection of you forever. All her friends and family will really be into it. Fair warning though, there is a reason im a good customer for them. No regrets, she really loves her ring.

th

I would suggest more than 1 roll of quarters if you really want to get her something nice

Congratulations, hope she accepts but take this advice from the voice of experience, NOTE: ****** propose and then take her to choose the ring together.
She just has her things that she cares about and I try to respect that when I'm getting stuff for her, especially something that will be this meaningful to her. If I bought her a used ring she'd just spend her time wondering about who's nasty finger it was on first. :D

As stated, You will not know if the ring and diamond are new or used, the store will have them so buffed up, both will look new. Exception would be a large diamond with an old cut, which she probably doesn't want any way.

Personally, I would go to a custom jeweler, we have two real good ones in Athens. They can take any old gold you have and fashion a new ring that is unique to you, and sell you a diamond, or mount your own. It's not as expensive as you would think.

Back
Top Bottom