• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

England...

I've been several times, it's a great place to visit but you sure as hell would not want to live there!! Just carrying pepper spray is a felony and will earn you 5 years in prison, don't even consider carrying a Glock. The right to self defense is non-existent, if you are attacked and you injure your attacker fighting back you get charged. Rape and home invasions are 6x higher than the U.S. and it's expensive as hell.
The food pretty much sucks and they drive on the wrong side of the road, but the country side is beautiful and there is lots to see. Just be careful, even though we speak the same language (English) sometimes you still have no idea what they are talking about. Whatever you do not tell someone that you will smack their fanny!! Just trust me on that! Also, do not say "I'm a big boy", trust me on that one too.
Have fun, I'm sure that you will enjoy England, I know I did.

Been there years ago. Great place to visit. Also took a boat ride across the English channel to France. Not sure if you have time to do that, but it was a great experience. Good luck, and have a great trip.:)

Was there long before you were born while serving in the Navy. I'm sure it has changed dramatically since I've been, but it was really kewl back when I was just a young yute. The London Bridge, the Buckingham Palace, the queens guards and her jewels...the river Thames...Picidilly square...the double decker buses and the black taxies...the food was kind of hit and miss and you better like tea! Pics or it didn't happen.... :)

I've been several times, it's a great place to visit but you sure as hell would not want to live there!! Just carrying pepper spray is a felony and will earn you 5 years in prison, don't even consider carrying a Glock. The right to self defense is non-existent, if you are attacked and you injure your attacker fighting back you get charged. Rape and home invasions are 6x higher than the U.S. and it's expensive as hell.
The food pretty much sucks and they drive on the wrong side of the road, but the country side is beautiful and there is lots to see. Just be careful, even though we speak the same language (English) sometimes you still have no idea what they are talking about. Whatever you do not tell someone that you will smack their fanny!! Just trust me on that! Also, do not say "I'm a big boy", trust me on that one too.
Have fun, I'm sure that you will enjoy England, I know I did.
Oh yikes!!! I didn't but plan on bringing my gun anyways bc I don't know of those ins and outs with the rules. Bahahaha ok I'll keep my words to a minimum! I've got friends that I'm going to visit so I've seen the beauty of it and the funky driving!

Back
Top Bottom