• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

England...

Spring time/early summer, weather is changeable in the U.K. so take layers of clothing, you will find yourself taking off and putting on layers during the day. Don't forget a raincoat.

This. In particular, the temperature tends to drop more at night than it does in Georgia. So even if the day is hot enough for shorts & t-shirt, you'll want a sweater for the evening.

What does it mean there???
fanny (ˈfænɪ )
1. taboo , British
the female genitals

2. mainly US and Canadian
the buttocks
▶ USAGE Despite the theory that this word derives from the name 'Fanny', its use in British English is still considered taboo by many people, and is likely to cause offence. In the US the word refers to the buttocks. Serious misunderstanding may therefore arise when what people in Britain know as a 'bumbag' is referred to in the US as a 'fanny pack'

When I was dating the girl from England, she was in an aerobics class here and the instructor at some point commanded "All right girls, tighten up those fannies!" As you can imagine.... she was a bit... um.... confused (actually a bit mortified).

These American men aren't meeting my standards...

Quite right my dear, what you need is a British gentleman. Just check that his suits are made in Saville Row and you will know he is sufficiently well heeled to support you in the life to which you wish to become accustomed. :cool:

Do not ask for a napkin, as that is what they call a babies diaper...Several other totally reverse items named differently
from us.

cc- that the never never card (refers to when it gets paid off)

sure others can tell you some of their sentences and phrases...

just a simple suggestion...

I believe diapers are Nappies not napkins

One other thing occurs to me that you may enjoy, the Tower of London where they keep the British Crown Jewels which you can see. Also lots and lots of armour, swords, old flint locks heaps of weapons of minor destruction oh and dungeons, torture chambers and places where they lopped people's heads off. Enjoy!

York, with the Shambles, the Minster, and the wall makes for a good day. The Cotswolds and the Lake District are very senic. The rock walls that serve as fences facinated me. I stayed on a working farm that let a couple of rooms in the lake district. Leeds castle was the best looking castle I went to. A town named Mousehole in Lands End was neat. I visited with some folks that hopped a train down for the weekend..It's a very old country. Cool things to see everywhere you go. We stopped at Stonehenge. I had seen so many pics beforehand, kinda like Niagara Falls, now I've seen it, let's go

Back
Top Bottom