• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EOTech Failure at the worst time

jhall1991

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
42   0
Reaction score
So as many of you may know I work for an undisclosed police dept. Well late last night/early this morning while heading to a hot call that deemed me deploying a rifle, I had quite the surprise. As I deployed my rifle I slung my sling and hit the UP button on my EOTech 512, only to find I had no reticle. At first I thought my batteries were possibly dead, but then I could see the faint glow of a red light. Anyways time was of the essence so I said screw it, this is why they make back up sights and ran to the house.

While positioned behind a tree covering the front door, the suspect came out. While looking through the rear sight in an attempt to locate my front sight my stomach sank when I realized I had something blocking my view. I ended up quickly transitioning to my side arm, until the suspect was taken into custody.

Luckily the suspected exited the house un armed and with his hands up.

After the call I went back to the car to further inspect my optic. I located that the mirror/lens located at the bottom of the optic had become dislodged and had some how became stuck in the upright position blocking my field of view for my back up sights.

By no means am I bad mouthing EOTech on any of there products and I am hoping this was just a fluke, but it really got me thinking on what if. The worst part is my optic truthfully isn't that old, it's never been abused or dropped in anyway shape or form, heck there is not even a scratch on it. I have went to EOTech's website and saw they have a 2 year warranty on there optics hopefully I can find my receipt because I know I have not had it that long, and have put less than 1k rounds through the rifle its mounted on. I have made multiple attempts to call EOTech about a repair but keep getting a voicemail.

I will update when and if I get a response.

Attachments

• IMG_0812.JPG
    IMG_0812.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0816.JPG
    IMG_0816.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0817.JPG
    IMG_0817.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 217
Back
Top Bottom