• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Eotech settlement notice

photodog

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
97   0
Reaction score
I would imagine that everyone that sent in their Eotech got their settlement check, and now they got a notice of an extra $22.50 voucher, my question is what in the world can one do with $22.50 voucher? Can you combine them? To me it is a lame try to get people back into Eotech optics after they took a bath with the settlement.

If you choose not to own another EOTech on principle, then that's a choice that I can respect. If you had issues with yours, then certainly, there are other great options. However, pretending Aimpoint and Trijicion don't have thermal drift is, well, asinine. Every optic in the world has thermal drift. Trijicion already admitted to thermal drift on the MRO, an average mind you, not a maximum (clever wording) but people look right over it when in fact the wording difference and specs mean they are almost identical.

Bottom line is EOTech had to pay while others didn't because others didn't have the verbiage in a contract to be held to. Simple as that. They payed the fine, and SOCOM has not changed out of EOTechs. Why? Because they like them. Some agencies changed to other brands but many large state, local and federal agencies have chosen to stay in EOTech and get swapped for the updated models.

The new EOTechs coming out of Michigan are the best units they have ever built, as you would expect after this fiasco. They could have folded, easily, but it appears they are not going away and are determined to build reliable optics and make a stand. I suspect the radio silence we have gotten from them since all this began will be broken as soon as the class action suits are complete. I expect them to come out swinging with some good hard data to back their improved products. EOTech is L-3 backed, which means there is literally billions of dollars in backing. Can't think of another optic manufacture with that kind of money at their disposal.

I can think of a use case where I would only want an EOTech, a use case where I would only want an Aimpoint and a use case where I would only want an ACOG. Options are good and I hope this industry is not quick to eat its own. $26M fine and voluntarily returning/exchanging optics I think is a pretty healthy punishment. The heads in charge at the time, long gone. More than a few companies in this situation bowed out and offered absolutely nothing to it's customers. You got a full refund plus $22, no questions asked. My opinion is that's fair...your mileage may vary.

I figured the new ones are pretty solid, and even a lot of the old ones, but a $22.50 voucher? I got my settlement check for an old optic that didn't work, so I am not complaining, but just can't imagine what to do with a $22.50 voucher.

I figured the new ones are pretty solid, and even a lot of the old ones, but a $22.50 voucher? I got my settlement check for an old optic that didn't work, so I am not complaining, but just can't imagine what to do with a $22.50 voucher.
My guess is that it's small because by the time the class action suit was filed, EOTech had already issued a voluntary refund. Had EOTech not responded as such in the beginning, the class action settlement would have likely been much more substantial.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom