• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EPA Approves Wild Hog Bait - ie. Poison

I saw the feeder on an outdoor show. It is a computer operated feeder, specifically correlated to specific pig sound frequency. It showed pigs going to the feeder and the feed doors open. It then showed other animals at the feeder and the doors stayed shut.
Hogs are very sloppy eaters and they will be dropping bait all around the feeder as they chew. Then the rabbits, squirrels, crows, turkeys, raccoons, possums, deer will come behind them, clean up the mess and you end up with dead or diseased animals in the food chain. Remember the government experts thought it was a good idea to release the "love bugs" in Florida and these damn "Asian Beetles" (confused as lady bugs) up here. I rather see the money spent on organized thinning shoots by hunters/sport shooters.

The solution to the problem is very simple. Stop the government no-go zones on state/federal lands and open it up more to hunters so we can at least control the population.

In FL the animal population is being decimated by the python because much of it is federal land and closed to hunting.

Hogs are very sloppy eaters and they will be dropping bait all around the feeder as they chew. Then the rabbits, squirrels, crows, turkeys, raccoons, possums, deer will come behind them, clean up the mess and you end up with dead or diseased animals in the food chain. Remember the government experts thought it was a good idea to release the "love bugs" in Florida and these damn "Asian Beetles" (confused as lady bugs) up here. I rather see the money spent on organized thinning shoots by hunters/sport shooters.

Want to spend money on getting rid of hogs?.........Put a price on their head or subsidize the land owner to allow hunting.

Back
Top Bottom