• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ERA single shot 12 Ga help please

dj7500

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
0   0
Reaction score
I own a ERA single shot 12 Ga and recently when I went to skeet shot with it the breech opened when fired. I thought it was a random thing until it did it again and I was using light loads so it was not the recoil. Does anyone know what the issue could be? Thank you in advance

I'm guessing that it probably needs a good cleaning and re-lubrication in the action.
The parts that are used in the locking and release system for this break-open shotgun.
I don't know the terminology-- the actuator pivots and pushes a thing-a-ma-bob, which pokes a watchamacallit, which retracts the locking bar doohickey against its return spring or whatever that's called, and then gravity (or your muscle power) allows the barrel to drop down.

Maybe that locking bar is getting pushed when it shouldn't?
Maybe that locking bar is NOT getting pushed back by the spring and sent back to its proper location once you take your thumb off the break-open lever?

I'm guessing that it probably needs a good cleaning and re-lubrication in the action.
The parts that are used in the locking and release system for this break-open shotgun.
I don't know the terminology-- the actuator pivots and pushes a thing-a-ma-bob, which pokes a watchamacallit, which retracts the locking bar doohickey against its return spring or whatever that's called, and then gravity (or your muscle power) allows the barrel to drop down.

Maybe that locking bar is getting pushed when it shouldn't?
Maybe that locking bar is NOT getting pushed back by the spring and sent back to its proper location once you take your thumb off the break-open lever?
OK thank you very much I will clean it thoroughly and I would not think that my thumb would release anything considering in this model the trigger guard is what is used to break open the gun

Back
Top Bottom