• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Estate furniture / junk liquidation?

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
Does anyone know about hiring a service that will come to the cluttered house of a hoarder (who is deceased or is in a nursing home) and empty it, taking stuff that runs from being clearly valuable (good furniture, tools, sports equipment) to being not-so-valuable (the kind of stuff that's just barely too good to throw away, so you'd like to have Goodwill or some similar charity pick it up), to the kind of junk that most people would throw away or send to the recycling center (old books and magazines, inexpensive or well-worn old clothing, cheap and mismatched furniture that's got some deep dents or scratches).

Who has used such a service, and how much did they pay, or how much did you have to pay THEM?

Moved my Mom off the farm to Atlanta 3 years ago, where my sister and I reside. Company came in and took it all, a full basement full and all the tools, good sized set for a farm including a lot of bulldozer size tools, as pay.

Tools were probably $9k or more, some decent furniture, and a bunch of junk.

Man runs an auction company out of Athens.

Does anyone know about hiring a service that will come to the cluttered house of a hoarder (who is deceased or is in a nursing home) and empty it, taking stuff that runs from being clearly valuable (good furniture, tools, sports equipment) to being not-so-valuable (the kind of stuff that's just barely too good to throw away, so you'd like to have Goodwill or some similar charity pick it up), to the kind of junk that most people would throw away or send to the recycling center (old books and magazines, inexpensive or well-worn old clothing, cheap and mismatched furniture that's got some deep dents or scratches).

Who has used such a service, and how much did they pay, or how much did you have to pay THEM?
Furniture is a hard sell right now. Most throw it out. Exercise equipment is almost impossible to sell unless it's the latest, hot trend. I'd call an estate liquidator and have them come give an estimate of what they might pay for the contents but be prepared to PAY them to have a service hail it away.

I go to estate sales often. Family takes what they want and either posts it online or a company does it - especially if there is a house and land. There are such companies all over GA.
Dempsey in Rome, Certified, Evan’s, Gleaton‘s. Many on Google.

If you want it gone and can pay for that I've used Stand Up Guys before to get rid of old furniture and had a good experience with them.

I’m clearing about 30 years of junk out of my yard and out buildings.
Already filled a dumpster and still more to go.
Lots of work.
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom