• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ethanol laced gasoline should be outlawed

Ethanol free gasoline is available in Ga. It is all I run in all my gasoline powered vehicles and engines. More power, vastly reduced engine maintenance and 12 to 22% more MPGs.

I forgot to drain my lawnmower gas tank last fall, but it was full of ethonol free gas. It started right up yesterday, and I mowed the yard no problem.

I noticed the 12+% MPG reduction when ethanol was added too. Also bad on classic cars too...and not to mention the marine industry!!!

Other than politics, does anyone know why they added ethanol to gasoline. I heard it was to help the farmers???...increased cost of corn?

I read that Wesley Clark pushed this for his buddies. Scam all the way around. This raised corn prices across the board/ Corn products, like milk products, are in about every processed food now. Capitalism at it's best. JMHO.

Ethanol free gasoline is available in Ga. It is all I run in all my gasoline powered vehicles and engines. More power, vastly reduced engine maintenance and 12 to 22% more MPGs.

I forgot to drain my lawnmower gas tank last fall, but it was full of ethonol free gas. It started right up yesterday, and I mowed the yard no problem.
I'd use it in mine too but everywhere I've seen it around here it's 90 octane & considerably more expensive than even premium 91-93 octane gas. My wife's car is a 2012 Corolla & my truck is a '94 Toyota tiny truck, both with small 4 bangers and neither one needs anything more than 87 octane to run good. I only use premium 93 octane in my motorcycle and a little Seafoam every now & then is much cheaper than 90 octane ethanol free gas, plus my bike doesn't run worth a crap on 90 octane, I tried it and my mpg AND performance went all to hell. I run Seafoam in the car & truck too, that stuff works!

I'd use it in mine too but everywhere I've seen it around here it's 90 octane & considerably more expensive than even premium 91-93 octane gas. My wife's car is a 2012 Corolla & my truck is a '94 Toyota tiny truck, both with small 4 bangers and neither one needs anything more than 87 octane to run good. I only use premium 93 octane in my motorcycle and a little Seafoam every now & then is much cheaper than 90 octane ethanol free gas, plus my bike doesn't run worth a crap on 90 octane, I tried it and my mpg AND performance went all to hell. I run Seafoam in the car & truck too, that stuff works!

If your engine needs premium gas, no, you can't run ethanol free gas unless you buy 100LL av fuel.

But for those that can, the cost difference is negligible due to the improved MPG result (93 Honda gets 25.4 mpg on gasahol, 30.1 mpg on ethanol free real gas , that is a whopping 20% increase by doing nothing but using the fuel the engine was designed for). When you factor in the increased maint costs, ethanol free is the hands down winner.

If your engine needs premium gas, no, you can't run ethanol free gas unless you buy 100LL av fuel.

But for those that can, the cost difference is negligible due to the improved MPG result (93 Honda gets 25.4 mpg on gasahol, 30.1 mpg on ethanol free real gas , that is a whopping 20% increase by doing nothing but using the fuel the engine was designed for). When you factor in the increased maint costs, ethanol free is the hands down winner.
I get what you're saying and I do agree, but my wife & I don't have to do a lot of driving these days anymore. I can put $10 worth in my truck and that can last 2 weeks, I'll fill up my wife's car about every other week. I think that 100LL aviation fuel would be just a wee bit strong for the bike. Lol! The bike is up for sale now anyway, I should've listened when my Dad & Granddad told me to go to college or trade school instead of working my butt off plus I always played hard and the injuries sustained over all those years have finally caught up with me big time. Riding is still fun and good for the soul but dang man, the pain afterwards really sucks. Wanna buy a nice bike? Lol!

Back
Top Bottom