• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Etowah River near Ball Ground.

Hey Bear44 Bear44 , if you go one weekend and want some company let me know. I have fished below the dam all the way to Rome where it joins the Coosa, but never the top end.
You may have to educate me a little on floating a river in a yak. I've taken mine into big water, including the ocean, but never done a river.

The Etowah is a slow moving river with a few rapids. I cast while floating and if I see a good spot, stop and tie off and fish that spot. It is my favorite type of fishing.

Anyone ever tried it at Riverbend gun club from the banks?

I thought about it but can’t find a spot to get down to the river without rappelling. Really steep bank all along the river by the archery range. I would really like to make it work somehow.

Have you ever fished up the Sharp Mountain Creek where it lets into the Etowah just north of Gober? I own some frontage there and have no idea what is in there.
Yep. Me and my step dad used to wade Sharp mtn creek all the time. We would catch bass and rock bass. He told me when he was a kid they used to catch trout out of it in the 60s 70s. But not anymore. Is your land o the etowah?

I have a riverhawk b60 that I float it with. Plenty of room for 2 guys.. coolers and fishing equipment. I you ever want to go with me just give me a shout and we will plan us a trip. I hate fishing alone

Yep. Me and my step dad used to wade Sharp mtn creek all the time. We would catch bass and rock bass. He told me when he was a kid they used to catch trout out of it in the 60s 70s. But not anymore. Is your land o the etowah?
My property is at the Rail Road trestle on Sharp Mountain, a little upstream from where it hits the E-Tow-Uh.
Family used to own the land on the Etowah that had the RR trestle and fish trap on it.
I have had no luck fishing either.

If you have seen my post about my sons first Buck, he shot it on that property.

Yeah I've seen it. Nice first deer. I don't live far from their. Do you know where the sawmill is on bishop rd? Thats my family's property. Last time I fished Sharp mtn I used a small spinner bait and caught quite a few bass. Released all of them. Also caught several on a plastic lizard

Back
Top Bottom