• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ever been asked to see tax stamp?

Is it worth the headache?

Generally speaking this is the same mindset I have. I know what the law says unfortunately most others don't. I personally dont believe its worth the hassle to educated them. Likely the only time I'll ever be asked about my NFA items is at the public range which I am forced to use due to not having access to a private range. That being the case I'd rather produce documents that I readily have available because its not worth my time and gas to drive to the range and get set up only to then be asked to leave because I didnt want to produce said docs. Now of course if the RO has an attitude, wants to treat me like a criminal or an idiot then I might be interested in playing games.

That said going back to the OP's question I've only be asked to see a stamp once and that was at GA Firing Line many years ago. I was suspect that with suppressors becoming a little more mainstream that probably isnt such a big deal. I could see some overzealous range officers looking at one of my SBRs though and thinking its illegal.

Police can ask if they are aware of local laws. If the law says No Open Carry (like Florida) and a Cop sees your pistol open carry; he can stop you. He can detain you, confiscate the firearm, issue a citation or arrest you.

So if local law says SBRs are illegal (which is the same for all states), say a cop sees one in your backseat during a traffic stop. First he’s going to be nervous. Second he’s going to investigate. They absolutely will detain you to determine if it’s a legal firearm. They do it all the time when a suspect has a firearm on them or in their vehicle. The police will always ask for your permit/ documentation. They will run the serial, take a picture, and add it to the report.
You can't be stopped for open carry in Georgia. there has to be another crime being investigated before a Law Enforcement Officer can ask for your carry permit. Just the presentation of a firearm isn't enough, at least not in Georgia.

Check this out. I had a can sitting in its little box on the dining room table, along with the original stamp. Wife decided to clean off the table at Christmas time, threw them BOTH away. I saw the table that night when I finished work, asked her where those two things had gone. I spent the next hour digging through trash bags, fortunately finding both.

<doh>

Check this out. I had a can sitting in its little box on the dining room table, along with the original stamp. Wife decided to clean off the table at Christmas time, threw them BOTH away. I saw the table that night when I finished work, asked her where those two things had gone. I spent the next hour digging through trash bags, fortunately finding both.

<doh>
Something tells me that she's tired of stuff being left on the dining room table. lol

<doh>
did she axe to see a stamp?

Back
Top Bottom