• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ever been hooked when fishing?(video)

I personally have been hooked by my son,while teaching him to cast,he was doing good until he decided to throw it side arm,where I was standing.

Yup, just another day on the water. Suck it up and keep that rod in the water!! As long as you have pliers and a sharp knife, game on!!!

Check this out:
One think he did but did not point out, keep downward pressure on the eye of the hook as you pop it, this pushes the barb back through much the same hole it came in through instead of tearing flesh. Have used this technique to get one out of my forearm. Did not put it there on purpose, this guy is tougher than me.

One think he did but did not point out, keep downward pressure on the eye of the hook as you pop it, this pushes the barb back through much the same hole it came in through instead of tearing flesh. Have used this technique to get one out of my forearm. Did not put it there on purpose, this guy is tougher than me.
Yes, do push down hard on the eye of the hook to lessen the barb's resistance as it goes out. He did it but didn't mention it. It probably wasn't well rehearsed.

I've never hooked myself deeply, but got smacked right between the eyes by a bullet weight moving at high velocity. I set the hook on a very shallow water strike while using a Texas rigged worm and the rig came flying straight at me. I use a very hard reactive hook set with this rig, so it was really moving. I have a very clear image of the weight in the air just before it hit me. OUCH! It broke the frame of my glasses and would have done a lot more damage to me if it had not hit the frame. I always set the hook with the rod angled slightly off to the side now. Lesson learned.

Back
Top Bottom