• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ever had to draw your CCW or been tempted to???

yes all three were in athens, all on the eastside, 1 at then murphy's express across from the walmart, 1 at intersection of cedar shoals and gaines school rd, 1 at cedar shoals and whit davis rd

People joke about me always being on alert in and around athens and just dont believe crap like this happens in athens not just atlanta, thanks for confirming my suspicions

around 3pm at a gas station in Lousiana off the highway. I got in my truck, it's kinda dark in the lot..a guy gets out of his vehical and approaches my vehical, driver was still in his vehical. He gets to about 5 feet from my driver side door, I pulled the HK and kept it in my hand on the center console of my truck. The guy sees my right extended out to my right..he asks me for some money with one of those stories of about something or another. I told him I had no cash, hand still on weapon. He turned and walked back to his vehical and they left.

second time, in houston with my 12 yr old daughter. walking to restaraunt from hotel, I see a guy walking in the other direction on the other side of the road. I think nothing of it. when leaving the restaraunt to walk back to the hotel, same guy is now on my side of the street. I carry in small of back..reached around and put my hand on the grip. Moved my daughter to the outside, so he would be nearest me when passing us. Nothing happened, never told my daughter, no issues..

you almost pulled on a guy because he was walking on the same side of the street as you?! LOL pretty scary stuff right there lol

Collateral has some great gunplay scenes in it :)

Word.

foureyedcoupe.com_Pics_Collateral.gif

People joke about me always being on alert in and around athens and just dont believe crap like this happens in athens not just atlanta, thanks for confirming my suspicions

you should be alert everywhere if you can

strange and random things happen

Don't own a gun if you are not willing to pick it up or carry it.
Don't pick up or carry a gun unless you are willing to draw it.
Don't draw a gun unless you are willing to fire it.
Don't fire a gun unless you are willing to take another human's life.
Don't do any of these things if you have not thought all of this through and prepared yourself physically and mentally (as much as possible) for the consequences.
This is not a movie or a novel - it's real life. I guarantee you if you have to use your weapon, you will be scared to death - or should be.
Be safe, and value all life.

Don't own a gun if you are not willing to pick it up or carry it.
Don't pick up or carry a gun unless you are willing to draw it.
Don't draw a gun unless you are willing to fire it.
Don't fire a gun unless you are willing to take another human's life.
Don't do any of these things if you have not thought all of this through and prepared yourself physically and mentally (as much as possible) for the consequences.
This is not a movie or a novel - it's real life. I guarantee you if you have to use your weapon, you will be scared to death - or should be.
Be safe, and value all life.

Thanks Dr Larry, well said and well thought out, gold star for the best comment of all so far in my opinion. When I posted this question a couple nights ago, I had no idea that the topic would elicit this many comments or page views but I thought it was a topic worth discussing. Going to the range, talking about guns, buying/selling/trading guns here on ODT is a lot of fun...but ultimately we own handguns for self-defense and we need to be prepared for a situation we all hope never happens. There are many ODTers with military and LEO experience and training but a whole heck of a lot of us that don't, myself included. I hope and pray that I never have to draw my weapon other than at the range for practice but, if I do, God forbid, I want to make sure its the right decision. Thanks to the ODT community for all your comments.

you should be alert everywhere if you can

strange and random things happen

Let me clarify i am on alert and try to be aware of my surrounding wherever i am that being said there are areas where this is increased exponentially. Athens being one of them same for atlanta which is what i was trying to say in previous post just failed to do so lol

i used to be one of those pple that thought hell athens isn't bad, that was until 3 yrs ago. things have gone down the toilet here for a while and it's really bad on the eastside

Back
Top Bottom