• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ever had to draw your CCW or been tempted to???

Several weeks back I had occasion to draw and discharge my carry weapon. It was about 10pm and I had just driven in to the driveway after a 3 hour road trip. As I got out of the vehicle I noticed something moving toward me. It was a rather large raccoon. Normally if you move toward them they will withdraw and vacate the area. I advanced and even shouted at it but it bared its teeth and advanced. I had no choice but to shoot it when it was about 3 feet away from me. I believe it had every intention of biting me and I wasn't going to let that happen. Didn't send in the carcass for a rabies check but bagged him up and took him out with the trash. In retrospect I could have withdrawn and let him go but given his behavior and having small dogs in my fenced in back yard I thought the most prudent thing was to put him down. .40 S&W is incredibly loud in a quite neighborhood at that time of night.

i used to be one of those pple that thought hell athens isn't bad, that was until 3 yrs ago. things have gone down the toilet here for a while and it's really bad on the eastside

Yea it is getting bad on the eastside thats where i live until july and its ridiculous i was laying in bed the other night and heard gun shots. I thought wth this ain't new york!! Im a country boy and cannot get back soon enough

Yes. 30 years ago at the Western Union downtown Atlanta a buddy of mine went inside to get funds his parents sent him via Western Union. It was at night.
I was the only one in the car. 5 local hoodlums came out of the dark and were all around my car paying me way too much attention. I reached down and grabbed my 1911a1 and held it up in the air. I really got no reaction from any of them. They all turned away and melted back into the shadows. My buddy came out and said I looked white as a ghost. We drove off quickly. Nothing happened. I like to think they thought I was prey and when they saw I had teeth they decided to go elsewhere.

last year 4 days before Christmas in Snellville. Wife and i carrying gifts to our car, hands were full. As I reached for my keys they fell to the ground, of course, under the truck beside mt car, as I crawled under the truck and came out I looked up and saw a guy heading straight at my wife! About 20 ft from her..I never thought about it, just yelled at him & reached for my 380 but he heard me, he looked at me and ran in the opposite direction really fast! I can ONLY guess he saw my wife, as a target and was on his way to take what he wanted, glad he ran! AND this is SNELLVILLE! (

Wife drew down on a guy who came after me with a sharp stick. She did good. Had a guy shove me out of the blue 20 years ago. Pushed against my gun in a shoulder holster. He tried to grab at it so I swung at him with my knife. I missed him and he jumped back real fast and ran. No more shoulder holsters for me.

last year 4 days before Christmas in Snellville. Wife and i carrying gifts to our car, hands were full. As I reached for my keys they fell to the ground, of course, under the truck beside mt car, as I crawled under the truck and came out I looked up and saw a guy heading straight at my wife! About 20 ft from her..I never thought about it, just yelled at him & reached for my 380 but he heard me, he looked at me and ran in the opposite direction really fast! I can ONLY guess he saw my wife, as a target and was on his way to take what he wanted, glad he ran! AND this is SNELLVILLE! (

Snellville ain't the greatest place anymore. All the riffraff is slowly heading out of Atlanta and making its way into the suburbs.

That neighborhood is where I was living when I came across the dude taking a broomstick to his old lady. I lived in the condos at the corner of Wyman and Moreland.

You mean Wyman and Memorial? I don't know where Wyman intersects with Moreland, but yeah, you're in the neighborhood. It is changing a lot around here...

You mean Wyman and Memorial? I don't know where Wyman intersects with Moreland, but yeah, you're in the neighborhood. It is changing a lot around here...

Yes Memorial sorry. I don't know how I f'ed that up. The address was actually on Memorial even though the entrance was on Wyman.

Yes Memorial sorry. I don't know how I f'ed that up. The address was actually on Memorial even though the entrance was on Wyman.

Easy, I call Memorial Moreland and vice versa all the time, and I live here. It still gets sporty down here from time to time. Like the hit pulled on the Maybach at I-20 and Glenwood last week and such. I've woke at 3am to the sound and the search light of the ghetto bird, "police helicopter" for those living up town, and it is impressive at the sound when they have the revs up. Fun stuff...

Back
Top Bottom