• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ever had to draw your CCW or been tempted to???

last year 4 days before Christmas in Snellville. Wife and i carrying gifts to our car, hands were full. As I reached for my keys they fell to the ground, of course, under the truck beside mt car, as I crawled under the truck and came out I looked up and saw a guy heading straight at my wife! About 20 ft from her..I never thought about it, just yelled at him & reached for my 380 but he heard me, he looked at me and ran in the opposite direction really fast! I can ONLY guess he saw my wife, as a target and was on his way to take what he wanted, glad he ran! AND this is SNELLVILLE! (

Glad you're alright. Snellville has slipped into the gutter. It's bad enough north of 78, but it's even worse south of 78.

Snellville ain't the greatest place anymore. All the riffraff is slowly heading out of Atlanta and making its way into the suburbs.

Yea, the trash snuck eastward on 78 and northward on 124. Thanks for nothing Dekalb!

Several weeks back I had occasion to draw and discharge my carry weapon. It was about 10pm and I had just driven in to the driveway after a 3 hour road trip. As I got out of the vehicle I noticed something moving toward me. It was a rather large raccoon. Normally if you move toward them they will withdraw and vacate the area. I advanced and even shouted at it but it bared its teeth and advanced. I had no choice but to shoot it when it was about 3 feet away from me. I believe it had every intention of biting me and I wasn't going to let that happen. Didn't send in the carcass for a rabies check but bagged him up and took him out with the trash. In retrospect I could have withdrawn and let him go but given his behavior and having small dogs in my fenced in back yard I thought the most prudent thing was to put him down. .40 S&W is incredibly loud in a quite neighborhood at that time of night.

I thought I heard something! LOL

Then when you get attacked on the street somewhere what do you do? Just get the license and be done with it.

haha great point, especially after reading that post about carrying in turner field. when i walk to my car with friends to the parking lot i always feel like this would be perfect for thugs. its a long walk to the parking lot and a CCW would be nice. i might have to apply for one.

Then when you get attacked on the street somewhere what do you do? Just get the license and be done with it.

or i could pull the liberal response, "don't be a conspiracy theorist, there are no attacks in atlanta, no homicides in chicago, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEFEND YOURSELF." haha, i cant stand those damn MFers.

so what if 3 thugs are attacking you, and me being 5'9, 160 lbs, does that warrant the use of pulling out the gun?

Pull it. I almost pulled on 2 bums at QT once. Each was about my height, about my weight. Bum 1 asked me for money and I said "sorry, can't help you". He countered with "well **** you, you asshole prick". That immediately stopped me. I said "well guess what? I just got off work. Maybe if you actually worked, you fat ****, you wouldn't have to ask for money at a gas station." Bum 2 popped out from behind a car walking toward me. My right hand went on my LCP at this point. I continued to walk into the store and bum 2 followed, making threats and cussing. I told to "get the **** away from me before we had serious issues", and the store staff even went on to tell him that he couldn't come in being loud and using profanity. I got paranoid and thought oh hell, they're gonna key my car, so I stayed where I could keep an eye on them. When I went back out to pump gas, they were both off to the side, but I knew that if they came back to my pump, I was gonna draw. Better to draw and have the upper hand than end up in a hospital. Had it been one bum, I'd have been willing to go fist for fist. But two full grown, healthy adults against one is not an even match, and I'd have had to do something to even the playing field.

almost forgot another liberal response: "99% of people are criminals, the 1% are the law abiding, if you want to own a gun you are a criminal and want to murder innocent people."-----------END RANT

Back
Top Bottom