• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ever had to draw your CCW or been tempted to???

well, gee you keep your wallet in your car????

While I carry every time and everywhere (probably a few places I shouldn't) I have always found in a situation of being in a bad place or around visible possible hostiles having a look like you want to kick some ones ass on your face has some advantage.

Last edited:
Had to draw mine once, at a flea market, very public, lots of people and children. Ill have to say a lot of things change in that situation. Im a man that is scared of NOTHING and Ive always said "I would have shot" Its very different when it happens to you, very very different It was the first time I ever felt fear, not for me, my wife or my two daughters, because we were leaving there regardless. I was scared for there lives because with that .45 pressed to there head there lives was in my hands. (it was a group of people, I had one pinned, the rest in front of me and my family behind me) just to know that at your hands a father may not go home to his children or his parents, or wife whoever its heartbreaking (assuming you have a heart lol) I luckily wasent forced any further, they left alive. no shots fired. I hope to never be forced to make that decision again.

In the 80s I hurt somebody pretty bad, no gun just hands. I thought I killed him and it scared me to see him laying there unconscious with bubbly blood coming out of his nose n mouth. He had already beaten 2 girls and his mom till she wet herself before I got to a party in Smyrna. As I was hearing the story of what had happened while my girlfriend helped one of the 2 girls with a bloody nose, he kicked the door open looked around, saw me and charged at me. Everything happened very fast and I'm not very sure of the details (I had NOT started drinking that night yet). I kind of blacked out or something and when I regained my composure I was on top of him beating him pretty bad. I was told I swooped him up when he charged and threw him head first at the floor (concrete under carpet) then started stomping his chest and then jumped on him like I was trying to "beat his eyeballs out" (the words she used). It scared me cuz what if he had died? We fled the scene before the cops and ambulance got there and I called Smyrna hosptial later that night to make sure he lived. My friends thought it was cool and I guess for beating girls and his mom he deserved it but.... I guess it was self defense. Fight or flight. I apparently chose "defuse the bomb". I'm glad I didn't have a gun

he did live and I was told he got his head split open with a long neck bottle in the BurgerKing parking lot a few months later for the same kind of thing. Apparently beer bottles only brake in the movies

Last edited:
Can you elaborate on that one?
I was leaving the flea market (headed to the truck) a big group of AA were having what seemed like a family reunion in the middle of the road, and around my truck (brandnew jacked up 2004 Nissan titan) they were leaning all over it! I simply asked them to "take the party else where" so me and my family could get in the truck and leave. That's when they had to act "hard" or gangster or what ever they call it these days, started talking that foreign language they use, cussing taking off there shirts etc... one lunged at me, another at my wife, I ducked the one that lunged at me and charged the one that went at my wife (while drawing) and that pretty much ended it. They are real tuff guys when they out number you 10 to 1 but when the pistol comes out......

only in movies. i've seen a girl whack a dude at a bar who was feeling her up with a terrapin bottle. he went out like light bulb

when i was bouncing at wild bills awhile back when i couldnt find work straight out the army i had a chick hit another chick in the head with a beer bottle in the smoking area a few feet from me, it exploded just like in the movies lol. never though that would actually happen either till i saw it. she only had a small gash on her head, didnt bleed bad at all.

Back
Top Bottom