• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Everybody is SELLING, Nobody is BUYING... So

When It comes to guns I want to inspect the hardware I am buying or trading. I have shipped a few guns but I keep my guns in new condition and if the buyer isn't happy he will get his money back. That's how confident I am with the guns I ship. However, I am not so trusting. My idea of like new is just that ( like new ). That means when I pick the gun up it feels and looks just like brand damn new and there is not buts, or uuh's. Now for parts I will take a chance on a 100 or 150 bucks after I see multiple pics and ask a lot of questions. So far I havn't been reamed so I will keep on going with the way I trade. It's done me well so far. What you have to watch out for is a guy selling his truck 30-30 with an add that reads." Marlin JM stamped 30-30. Excellent condition. A few minor handling marks but a great gun." Then you go look at it and it looks like it's been beat with a hammer.

Hate to burst the bubble, bought one today, and two within the last month. Actually like I told the seller this morning, I need this like a hole in my head, but the price was right.

I drove an hour and 20 minutes to meet a guy from Macon, got there and saw MAJOR UNDISCLOSED RUST in the internals of the firearm. I was so pissed. I was nice enough to make him a new legit offer, effectively dropping my offer in half, he refused and hasn't logged in since. He had lots of good feedback too, but he knew when I saw it and started back peddling quickly.

F that guy

When It comes to guns I want to inspect the hardware I am buying or trading. I have shipped a few guns but I keep my guns in new condition and if the buyer isn't happy he will get his money back. That's how confident I am with the guns I ship. However, I am not so trusting. My idea of like new is just that ( like new ). That means when I pick the gun up it feels and looks just like brand damn new and there is not buts, or uuh's. Now for parts I will take a chance on a 100 or 150 bucks after I see multiple pics and ask a lot of questions. So far I havn't been reamed so I will keep on going with the way I trade. It's done me well so far. What you have to watch out for is a guy selling his truck 30-30 with an add that reads." Marlin JM stamped 30-30. Excellent condition. A few minor handling marks but a great gun." Then you go look at it and it looks like it's been beat with a hammer.
It wasn't a Jm30-30 it was a 22 l/a and no mention of a truck gun

I drove an hour and 20 minutes to meet a guy from Macon, got there and saw MAJOR UNDISCLOSED RUST in the internals of the firearm. I was so pissed. I was nice enough to make him a new legit offer, effectively dropping my offer in half, he refused and hasn't logged in since. He had lots of good feedback too, but he knew when I saw it and started back peddling quickly.

F that guy
I believe in the Full Discloser clause. If there are any flaws they should be listed in the add. It's ultimately the buyers job to dig for the flaws but it's ****ty it has to be that way. I have got pretty lucky so far. I just recently bought a Remington Pump 30-06. I like the glossy wood and blue steel and I wanted it to pair it with my same year model 1971-78 era 700 BDL. The man stated it was in like new condition except for a little wear on the front of the front stock. Barely noticable is the way he put it. When I went to look at it I had my reservations but it wasn't but a 15 min. ride. Like the man said it was beautifull. I had been looking for one in that condition for a year. That's the way each buy or trade should go. Honest condition of the gun and any flaws listed and explained up front and pics lots of pics. Hell some people don't even lube their guuns and rub down the blue steel with a fine layer of oil before storing. These are things that make or break the deal for me. Unfortunetly you have to go look at the gun to look for those signs of neglect. So to those of you who are afraid of lube or oil on you guns then don't be pissed when the buyer runs like a stripped ass ape. Most gun collectors what a certain condition to be maintained. There are situation where a gun is a tool for farm truck purposes. Other than that they should be stored covered if possible and taken out and oil applied to the steel every now and then. Guns can be and investment or they can just go to ****.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I was just commenting on what I have delt with in the past. Nothing about that post was aimed at anbody in this particular thread.
I was just stating that there was no mention of a truck gun when speaking to the individual had there been I would have extensively looked it over.

Back
Top Bottom