• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Everything is SOO friggin expensive right now.

Yes, but out of stock on all the reasonably priced versions.

The cheaper 5.56/7.62x39 BCGs used to be 70-80 each. Now the only ones in stock are 2-3x that price

Sold out on pistol uppers unless you can stomach a 300+ price tag. Ammo either out of stock or backordered on ammo. If it is in stock. Not a stock up price.

Most 80% AR lowers out of stock, unless you grab your ankles. 5D tactical jigs on backorder.

Shall I go on?

I've had a spare Toolcraft 7.62x39 BCG for sale for $100 for a week.
Granted, it comes with a $1000 7.62x39 AR.
I've bought some things, but not much lately.
Not ammo, not lately. We had 3 years of Trump, so hopefully, old hats took advantage of it.
Self promoting my link.
https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-ft-windham-weaponry-ar-15-ar47.2294675/

Cheaper Than Dirt needs to change their name. I got one of their promo emails and seen the headline "We've got ammo!" clicked on it, a box of PMC 9mm 115gr $56. I couldnt fathom spending that much on a box even if I had a stipend of $1,000 to spend. But hey, to each is own.

Cheaper Than Dirt needs to change their name. I got one of their promo emails and seen the headline "We've got ammo!" clicked on it, a box of PMC 9mm 115gr $56. I couldnt fathom spending that much on a box even if I had a stipend of $1,000 to spend. But hey, to each is own.
Where else are you regularly able to buy brass cased 115 fmj's? That's the value they bring to the firearms community. Dollars aren't everything all of the time. Sometimes you just need some damn ammo, no matter the cost.

That is true, but sometimes we have to ask ourselves is it really necessary to pay those prices. I always keep a cache at my house that I dont touch, so it doesnt bother me too much. But if I wanted to go to the range, my usual spending at the range is $50 a trip including ammo. Now that trip will be $200+ so its going to hurt me more as a consumer because I cant afford to pay that much. Imagine someone working security and needs to train. They wont be able to train as much with the ammo being 7 times higher than what it usually is. Also, where I work at, the security used to give 2-4 boxes a month to all officers for training purposes. Now that has shrunk to 1 box a month, so I think of it as a hurdle for some people that prices are going up. For your average Joe in America, if the ammo went from $9 to $12 a box that's ok. But to go from $9 to $56, is crazy. Just my 2¢.

Where else are you regularly able to buy brass cased 115 fmj's? That's the value they bring to the firearms community. Dollars aren't everything all of the time. Sometimes you just need some damn ammo, no matter the cost.

That is true, but sometimes we have to ask ourselves is it really necessary to pay those prices. I always keep a cache at my house that I dont touch, so it doesnt bother me too much. But if I wanted to go to the range, my usual spending at the range is $50 a trip including ammo. Now that trip will be $200+ so its going to hurt me more as a consumer because I cant afford to pay that much. Imagine someone working security and needs to train. They wont be able to train as much with the ammo being 7 times higher than what it usually is. Also, where I work at, the security used to give 2-4 boxes a month to all officers for training purposes. Now that has shrunk to 1 box a month, so I think of it as a hurdle for some people that prices are going up. For your average Joe in America, if the ammo went from $9 to $12 a box that's ok. But to go from $9 to $56, is crazy. Just my 2¢.
It's necessary to pay those prices if you are one of the millions of new gun owners in the country right now, and you want to be able to train and defend yourself from violent attack. I'm damned glad that there are sources for ammo right now, if you want it badly enough. Do you know what the other option is if CTD priced their ammo pre-covid? No opportunity for many Americans to buy ammo. Is that truly better? Of course not.
If you're staring imminent death in the face are you really going to be upset that you paid an extra $30/box for that 9mm ammo over what you did last year?

The glut of bottom dollar firearms and Ammo since Trump got in office burned me out by the time the virus showed up. It was an all you can eat buffet of your wildest dreams consisting of amazing prices of everything firearms related. If you didn’t indulge the last couple of years, you are definitely not liking what you see out there today. I’ve bought a truck, Seadoo and other odd stuff off the ODT this year because I definitely didn’t need anything firearms related. I did pick up several firearms, but all were pre-covid prices. Hell, you could bath in 9mm at $0.15 the last several years.

Back
Top Bottom