• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Everything was going so well....

oh, in addition to the stuck case remover get some imperial wax...no more stuck cases....

the guy above must stick a lot of cases......
If you're loading lots of ammo on a progressive (say, 5.56mm), Imperial is not very practical. I use it on my low volume rifle cases, but with 5.56mm, I generally use a spray lube (homebrew or commercial).

stuck cases are like folks that ride motorcycles. those that have crashed and those that haven't yet.

I have the RCBs kit and hadn't used it for probably 10 years and then proceeded to get two 308 cases stuck last week. First one was just dumb luck and putting a bit of extra pressure on it, second one was about 20 minutes later. gave up for the evening and decided that my (so old I don't know how old it was) One Shot was in need of replacing. Ran a few thru with case lube from a pad but will get some new case lube and try again next week.

one thing with One Shot is the need to shake it prior to using.

Personally never used it for anything other than glass bedding release agent.

I have used Dillon spray lube but not often..

Thread the die back in a good single stage press and use a punch pin to and a dead blow hammer to drive it out. You may have to switch to a metal hammer but don't get too carried away, you'll tear the bottom of the case off and then it's to the garbage can

Back
Top Bottom