• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Everything you ever wanted to know about the AR-15 (but were afraid to ask) FEATURING GREG VESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have replaced the buffer on a couple ARs with the A5 System. I am confused as to why a Carbine length buffer thats the same weight will not work in tjhe A5 system with the longer Buffer extension. Just can't figure out what the length of buffer has to do with it. I know a rifle length could be too long but why can't a carbine length be used instead of the Proprietary A5 Buffer.

You will have to try it and see. The F marked front sight base is a tad taller .625 inches made to match the mil spec rear sight on the flat top upper. I am not sure about the height of the rear site made by Sig. Sorry that's all I got.
Nice thanks. Yup trial and error..that was my random ar pondering for the day lol

What buffer would you recommend for a 300 blackout pistol, with a 9” barrel, and a pistol length gas tube?
Thanks.
I don't dabble in AR pistols but I would imagine a H2 to start with. I am not sure how the dynamics of the short barrel and pressure build up at the muzzle as to how that effects gas pressure PSI at the bolt so I can't make a educated answer there. With that caliber and such a short gas tube a heavier buffer would be called for. That's just an untested theory but a good place to start. Also I would go with a adj. gas block. That would allow you to tune the pressure as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom