• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Evolution of the Combat Optic

I'm extremely interested in the cheaper/lighter of the two new Nightforce 1-8's. Unless I hear a lot of bad reviews on it (haven't so far), I'm definitely looking to put it on a 14.5" carbine as soon as the budget allows. Good luck with yours and I hope you enjoy it.

You’ll like it, it’s a phenomenal optic.

I'm not sure how long these have been around, but my dad shot a BAR with irons on the Le Clerc rifle team in the late 50's, and all he deer hunted with and swore by in the early 80's on a 7mag was what I think was a 1x4x24 Bushnell with elevation turret. I still have it packed away somewhere. He hunted the woods in GA to mule deer in Colorado, and absolutely wouldn't have anything else short or long range for hunting.

I looked at the 1-8 from Nightforce. Are you not concerned with the parallax set at 125 yards on both of the Nightforces?
Anything inside 125 should not be a problem and you can make sure the parallax is good beyond 125 by increasing your eye relief and using the black ring that appears at the edge of the sight picture like a peep sight to center the cross-hair in.

Back
Top Bottom