• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Excited n just want to share

I capitulate on the 550 cord and will add it to my list. Shelter, snares and things are easy enough to just make with natural or hand made cordage but a fire bow drill is a different story. Adding even just a 550 cord shoulder strap to your bottle (more wrapping bottle is even better) makes fire 1000x easier. ADDED

Last edited:
Always good to know the edible plants in your area. Much easier to get a dandelion than a rabbit. Though food is not an immediate threat it will lower moral fast without. Navigation skills like trees growing in certain forms, stars, etc. Simple water gathering technics like where to dig or to build water stills in the ground with a little plastic bag that can also be used for gathering condensation from leaves in the morning. If you are in a coastal area the rivers or streams you find will almost always lead to the ocean or coast. I have used a trap for squirrel that works well, but you need bait natural or not. A ziplock bag of some peanut butter can be a life saver. Get 2 logs with a Y branch on one end. Place the shorter one against a tree with squirrel activity. Place the other above it with 2 nooses tied to it hanging just above the lower log. One close to the base of your living tree and the other toward the ground side. place your bait in the center of your lower log.

Always good to know the edible plants in your area. Much easier to get a dandelion than a rabbit. Though food is not an immediate threat it will lower moral fast without. Navigation skills like trees growing in certain forms, stars, etc. Simple water gathering technics like where to dig or to build water stills in the ground with a little plastic bag that can also be used for gathering condensation from leaves in the morning. If you are in a coastal area the rivers or streams you find will almost always lead to the ocean or coast. I have used a trap for squirrel that works well, but you need bait natural or not. A ziplock bag of some peanut butter can be a life saver. Get 2 logs with a Y branch on one end. Place the shorter one against a tree with squirrel activity. Place the other above it with 2 nooses tied to it hanging just above the lower log. One close to the base of your living tree and the other toward the ground side. place your bait in the center of your lower log.

as as simple as it sounds any snare that hunts for you while you do other tasks is awesome

Last edited:
Did anyone mention signalling?
Knowing just a few cruicial ones would be important for rescue.

Even brother Les, used the "X" completely wrong in one of his episodes.

Back
Top Bottom