• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Excited n just want to share

SJ,
What about beer prep? How much do you need? What brands flavors are the most valuable.? How do you keep it cold in the summer? How many round of 22 per quality homebrew?

what about the bottle deposit? do you charge for deposit or not? I'm conflicted. please help.

Everybody talks about how they are prepping with food water weapons and how they plan to "Bug Out" While I'd like to learn about is Bug In and Urban survival. How to use "City" resources to make it to your bug out or even survive in the urban environment. You just may not be able to get to a bug out and are stuck in a city or urban area......

Everybody talks about how they are prepping with food water weapons and how they plan to "Bug Out" While I'd like to learn about is Bug In and Urban survival. How to use "City" resources to make it to your bug out or even survive in the urban environment. You just may not be able to get to a bug out and are stuck in a city or urban area......

Those are both important, but very very different. My uncle, a higher up in the NSA back then could have kept a whole damn city of people alive with his knowledge of how to utilize and manipulate city supplies, sadly he was killed years back. On the other hand if we had to go out into the wilderness he would have been more akin to following my lead. I'd like to think I could keep a good many people not only alive, but thriving in the wilderness as long as they did what I said, and hopefully some of those people would have knowledge in aspects I know nothing or little of.

Survivor Johnny, I really feel you need not as much an extra section but throughout the class show them how to stay sound of mind when everything goes from bad to worst. All these things you will teach them could save many many lives, but if they don't have the capacity to deal with what is happening to them mentally, then all is lost. Everything you teach them will be for not, cause their minds will be filled with doubt, regret, and remorse and they will likely forget the finer points of your course.

Other wise it seems to cover a lot of the basics. I hope all goes great for you and you teach many many people the wicked art that is staying alive...on their own.

Some great ideas and thanks for the support. Its pretty easy to leave stuff out. I think its human nature to feel that everyone knows what you know. Think about how miffed the tech guy is when he's workin on you computer and has to explain things to you, lol.
Basic first aid and mental toughness are some more great things to add.

shovelhead, I have you covered. Bushcraft survival is in the bush and disaster preparedness covers home/suburban survival. Things like repurposing "trash" to make items to aid you or yard plants and animals you can eat. I did a thread on here about a year ago about Buggin In with tips on how (I feel) you can avoid confrontation over your resources. The urban survival is as much a mind set as survival in the woods but with a completely different set of resources at your disposal

i will put basic tracking in the "fur n fish" section. If you can't receginize where to put your snares they won't provide you food.

For or basic first aid, I have always doctored my self. Wound dressing mostly but I set my arm when I broke it fallin of a roof and splinted it with duct tape and a pizza box (lol, true story- my hand to GOD) a few days later my girlfriend made me go to the hospital and the doctor told me I did a great job. The problem with teaching first aid beyond basic wound care and dressing is the liability. Maybe I could bring one of you guys in that's an EMT or some thing for that

Last edited:
The skill of knowing when to pack up and get the hell out of the metro area. When do you know it's time to leave your job,kids school and all your worldly possessions behind? Is it to late to haul ass down the road? How can I get me,my family in an unarmored vehicle out of town? When you go to the bunker in the mountains at the wrong moment and civilization doesn't crash,you have lost your job,your house has been burglarized ,your kids school has dropped them,your pets have run away looking for food,your credit is damaged because you were not there to pay bills on time. These are real life questions and the wrong action could be extremely damaging to individuals with a lot of responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom