• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**Exhaust shop?**

Just get on amazon and search for “catalytic convertors Mercedes Benz cls500”

A bunch of choices will come up

Pick one.

Then at the top you will see a window to put in your make and model to check the fit.

Then you will see a button for “see all parts that fit this model”

Click on it, then on the cat subdirectory.

Then amazon will put up all the cats that fit your vehicle.

Prolly want to buy some new gaskets and nuts also the cat purchase might not include all the little pieces

Take your time. Read the reviews. Prolly ought to get the bolt on style that breaks in the middle to make a little easier.

Look on Youtube at the videos.

You can borrow my socket sets and saw.

I wouldn’t try to modify your system it will have unintended consequences.

Yah ive researched it on the Benz forums for a while and this is an easy change without any drawbacks or issues to the system. Most folks say about $60-$80 to cut out the old ones.

I did look on Amazon and dont see any direct bolt on sets under $800 for both sides.

Do them all and you won’t have any emissions tests issues.

No reported emission test issues cutting out the secondaries for abbout $700 less lol

This isnt a brand new car so its been around long enough for others to tinker with it.

If i did the cat back system(which wont remove my cats only replace them with others) i would still needs several hundred more if i wanted exhausts as well. I dont see that option getting me out under $1k.

If the county you are in, or the shop is in, is an Emissions County, by law the shop is not allowed to remove any cat without replacing it with another one- even if the owner asks to have it done. If the EPA finds out, they will be fined.

Some shops I have worked with in Gwinnett suggest that you come in w/o the cats on the vehicle in order for them to weld straight pipes on.

even emissions free counties under federal law.

https://www.epa.gov/air-pollution-t...ns-epas-office-transportation-and-air-quality

try a speed shop: https://www.mosspeedshop.com/
90% of the vehicles those type of shops work on won't pass emissions so i can't imagine they would turn you away. I've never used this shop but know others who have and they do quality work. This may be your best option to work around big brother but also get a quality job done.

Back
Top Bottom