• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Expected accuracy of PSA upper?

Sooooooo many variables.

*What kind of ammo will you use?
*Which muzzle device will you use, suppressed?
*Which optic will you use?
*How proficient are you at shooting?

If ideal conditions, you could expect:

My best guess would be .75-1 MOA(best case IMHO)to 2-3 MOA. Again, that would be using match ammo, a good magnified optic, and proficient shooter.

My 18 PSA was trending right under 1 MOA until my optic failed, my other 16" PSA barrel is around 2-3 MOA, but with XM193. Never tried match ammo in it, not sure it would ever get down to 1 MOA though, hence why I don't waste the good stuff through it.

Kinda need to know which barrel it is....

Is it their crap Freedom line? One of the mid-grade barrels.. .or the top line FN barrels?

EDIT: obviously its not the FN if it's stainless

Specs are:
Key Features,
  • 16" 416 Stainless Steel barrel, with A2-Style profile, and Mid-Length gas system.
  • 1/2x28 Thread Pitch, with a 1:7 Twist Rate.
  • Phosphate M16 cut, Full Auto Bolt Carrier Group, HPT and MPI.
  • Ships with A2 Flash Hider.
  • 13" free float KeyMod rail.
  • Made in the U.S.A. in Columbia, South Carolina!
Looking to put this a magpul PSA lower with a variable scope for use as a cheap predator rifle.

Thanks!!

Specs are:
Key Features,
  • 16" 416 Stainless Steel barrel, with A2-Style profile, and Mid-Length gas system.
  • 1/2x28 Thread Pitch, with a 1:7 Twist Rate.
  • Phosphate M16 cut, Full Auto Bolt Carrier Group, HPT and MPI.
  • Ships with A2 Flash Hider.
  • 13" free float KeyMod rail.
  • Made in the U.S.A. in Columbia, South Carolina!
Looking to put this a magpul PSA lower with a variable scope for use as a cheap predator rifle.

Thanks!!

To be honest, that barrel will be hit or miss. You may get some descent group or you may not. PSA isn't known for tight standards or high quality/precision.

It's a gamble. As noted above, I will verify 100% with some 77TMK's when my replacement optic delivers, but my 18" PSA SS barrel is a tad under MOA with the short group I got to shoot before the failing optic. My 16" PSA is simply not a 1 MOA rifle.

Below is the 100 yard target at the CMP. That low right "flier" was the 5th round and also the reticle coming loose in my optic :-( The other 4 were grouping fantastic.

b1877cb852d65ea9577fdc645df97dac.jpg

Back
Top Bottom